I won't do THAT again!

LizzyV
on 8/9/11 6:58 am
So.... diet advancement from purees to soft foods today... I was so excited to get something with a little texture.  I made soft scrambled eggs.... they were delicious.  I had maybe 1 whole egg... and about 10 minutes later, I knew I was going to be spending the next bit of time in the bathroom.  OMG, the cramping was awful.  Clearly, I didn't chew long enough, and I ate it too quickly, because I felt every twist and turn until it was out.

Lesson learned!  :)

Liz

Liz
Who never thought I'd look forward to being a loser!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/11 7:46 am - Beverly, NJ

I did the same thing and to be honest it took me a few tries to get it down.  Dina's blog helped me soooo much!  She explains how to eat and gives tips on going slower.  When I eat I make sure it's a double activity.  I'll eat and read or eat and watch a show or eat and play a game.  This way I have something to distract me.  She also points out that we need to be eating more frequently so that we don't hit that starving point where we want to scarf down food.  I make sure ever hour or so I'm biting into something and just a few bites is what counts.  Since I'm only 4 weeks out I keep soup handy all day long as well as cheeses and other soft goodies. 

Check out her blog:  http://livingthedslife.wordpress.com/ds-resources/eating/  

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/9/11 7:59 am, edited 8/9/11 7:59 am
Oh man, it was a couple of months before I could get eggs down comfortably. My tummy took a lot longer to welcome soft foods than others. Try eggs again in a week, maybe make an egg salad with mayo and see how it goes!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

zuzupetals2u2
on 8/9/11 9:20 am - Sedona, AZ
soft boiled eggs also go down much easier. I boil them for 6 minutes. Yogurt (no sugar) also goes down well with no problems for most.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Mdae
on 8/9/11 11:05 am
i enjoyed cream cheese in those single-serve packs.  very soft and tons of flavor.

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 12 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 12 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1088 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1265 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 517 views