OT: Frugal Living (or how to afford the DS when you are poor like me)

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/27/11 1:14 am - Tuvalu

She picks up local stations and now they have susidiary channels.  So the local NBC affiliate is channel 4 or 4-1...but there is also a 4-2 and 4-3 and 4-4, which I seem to think is a non-stop weather channel.  And so on.

In rural America, you may not have as many choices.  I think she just uses a rabbit ears thing as an antenna.  The better the antenna, the more stations.

-Amanda-
on 9/27/11 1:47 am
About how much do you spend on vitamins a month?
beemerbeeper
on 9/27/11 3:27 am - AL
I honestly don't know.  They come in bottles that last so many different amounts of time that it would take some real math to figure it out.  I buy most of my vites from VitaLady and I buy some at Walmart.

I should figure out what the monthly cost is but I don't really have the time right now.

~Becky

-Amanda-
on 9/27/11 3:29 am
Can I ask How many pills you take a Day?
beemerbeeper
on 9/27/11 4:06 am - AL
This is the vitamin regimine we recommend new DSers start on:

www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

These are the labs you must get to know how to tweak the above vitamins:

docs.google.com/Doc

This is a newbie thread that I recommend:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4280788/Repost-Request-Advice- for-Pre-Ops-with-Links/

And to answer your question:

Six times a day:  Calcium (2 pills), Mag Citrate, Mag Oxide
Two times a day:  A, E, D, K1, K2, multi, C, zinc, copper
Once a week Bcomplex
Five times a week: sublingual B12
Iron

And probably some I forget. 

~Becky

dgb123
on 9/27/11 6:01 am - Fairfax, VA
Becky - Thanks so much for this thread.  It really got me thinking about my own cable and internet bill (OUTRAGEOUS!!!).  I'm going to contact them this afternoon and see what I can do!!

Donna

beemerbeeper
on 9/27/11 6:09 am - AL
Donna,

Let me know what you work out.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 6:13 am
beemerbeeper
on 9/27/11 6:20 am - AL
Inside your attic?  Now I wouldn't mind having an antena that I didn't have to SEE.  I wonder what it would cost to buy such an antena and have it put in the atic and then have the cord run to the TV converter box.

~Becky

yorkieGal
on 9/27/11 7:42 am - Clermont, FL
hey Becks, we pay $120 a month for our cable and internet package. We have 2 boxes and we pay extra for HBO (Trueblood and Boardwalk empire fans). I felt inspired by your thread and called them to see if there was anything they could do about the price and Nope, not a thing!! Plus the Vonage costs me $57.00 a month so I can call the Uk for free . Its such a bummer!!

yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1253 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views