5.5 Months out and 100 Pounds gone for good!!

galla1
on 10/31/11 11:52 pm
Today marks a HUGE day for me...I have officially hit 101 pound loss..but for good measure I will just call it 100.. I REALLY REALLY want to thank the vets on here for all the help and information that you so willingly give out.. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart... (couple tears flowing) To all the "newbies" THE DS IS SO WORTH IT!!! I know everyone has a different experience but I have to say this journey has been relatively easy for me, I believe if you do what your supposed to and follow the "rules" you will be GOLDEN BABY!!! lol
just a few stats..as I like to see others improvements..it keeps me on the right track..
starting weight= 314
today's weight= 213
starting pant size= 24
today's pant size= loose 15
starting shirt size=3x
today's shirt size= L
I have tons of energy, my life has changed so much.. the only "con" is my hair seems to be growing legs and running off my head at a pretty fast pace!! :) I'm sure though they will see that the grass is NOT always greener on the other side of the fence, and they shall come back to me!! ( bad humor..sorry)

provolisa
on 11/1/11 12:01 am - Provo, UT
I am so happy for you! 

It is good to know about potential problems, so that I can go into this with my eyes open, but at the same time, it is great to hear about the successes like yours because it keeps me from getting too depressed about what I am going to go through! LOL!

I finally get to have my consultation with my surgeon this week, because everything for my application to my insurance is in place (finally! phew!) and I am getting a bit scared, because it is getting very close and real that I am doing this.

So thanks for your great report, and keep up the excellent work!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

galla1
on 11/1/11 12:09 am
Thank you doll.. it is totally normal to get freaked out about surgery and when you realize how real having the surgery is can be stressful..it was for me anyway..I remember posting on here about this topic and how relieved I was to know that everything I was feeling was so "normal" Good luck girl!! you just hang in there.. breath and relax.. :)
ambermay
on 11/1/11 12:22 am
Congrats!!

5'6" -- HW 270ish/SW 153.6/GW 150/CW 138
Amber

orangecrushed
on 11/1/11 12:35 am - Triad, NC
Wow, that's amazing!!!  You are doing a great job!  I would imagine the hair loss is because your loss has happened so quickly.  It'll come back. :)  I know a few people use Biotin or other products to help the new hair growth speed up.

Continue the great work!!!  I look forward to seeing more of your progress!

Nic
Renee2007
on 11/1/11 12:50 am - Central, FL
 Great update! You are doing AWESOME!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

momx4
on 11/1/11 12:57 am - TX
thanks for paying it forward as I sit here nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs.....6 days away from my own DS surgery....these stories keep inspiring me!!!
Kristi                
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 2:10 am
Congrats! The DS is amazing isn't it?! Woot!
Renfairewench
on 11/1/11 4:45 am
Congratulations!  You are really doing so well.  You will be in onederland before you know it.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 5:38 am

galla1

That is really great!  

I had to lose 200+ before my behind could even get into at a 16!  Now I wear a 14!   I have short legs so I have to get petite length, and I'm pear shaped, too, so that's probably why.

I've aways been told that wth the DS, the more you have to lose, the faster you lose it.  I haven't seen any studies on this, though.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 360 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views