minimum BMI to be a DS candidate?

zix
on 7/25/12 1:33 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I'm pretty sure I read about someone in Australia getting the DS recently but I think it was on the PB site, not this one. IIRC, I think he had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it and the surgeon had not done many DS's before. I hope I'm remembering that correctly.
Huneypie
on 7/25/12 11:26 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
On July 25, 2012 at 8:33 AM Pacific Time, zix wrote:
I'm pretty sure I read about someone in Australia getting the DS recently but I think it was on the PB site, not this one. IIRC, I think he had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it and the surgeon had not done many DS's before. I hope I'm remembering that correctly.
Kyal on PB had  Prof Peter Nottle.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Sandra C.
on 7/25/12 10:51 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 My surgeons comorbidity list is very long, I was surprised I  had several of them. I didnt need to be as high a BMI as I was to qualify for my insurance to cover all the cost. I was able to chose any of the surgeries, including the D.S. It helps to be knowlageable about handling life with the D.S. malabsorbtion. Dr K. wont give it to everyone, unless they demonstrate capability, and he is sure they can handle it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Kyal J.
on 7/26/12 7:34 pm - Melbourne, Australia

I was switched 2 months ago by Peter Nottle here in Melbourne, Australia. About the same BMI, 39-40 at the time.

Will contact the OP privately.

Kyal
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 606 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 972 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 330 views