Protein Drinks

BRENDALOU
on 4/20/13 11:14 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

I am bad about making a protein drink and not drinking it so i put it in the fridge until i am thirsty again. I use unjury protein. do they go bad after a period of time.

MajorMom
on 4/20/13 11:17 pm - VA

They may lose some of their protein value after a few hours in the fridge but not go bad. I don't know the percentages though. You might email Unjury and see what they say.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

A. C
on 4/21/13 12:06 am

Brendalou,

I use Unjury as well.  I have spoken with Unjury.  I make up 2 day's worth at a time.  They are good and do not lose their protein value for 48 hrs.  They do not recommend anymore than that due to cross contamination (ie, containers etc).

It can also be used to bake with (just an FYI).

hollykim
on 4/21/13 12:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I just don't let myself do that. When I make a shake,I make myself stand right there,shake in hand,drinking till it is gone. even with a sleeve,a shake is mostly liquid and i can drink 6-8 oz in about 5 minutes.  if I walked away from it,I would NEVER drink it. I don't give myself ANY excuses to NOT drink it.  Same with my vits. I lay them out and make myself stay right there till they are all taken. No excuses. Can you tell I am always LOOKING for an excuse,lol.

GL

A. C
on 4/21/13 1:17 am

Brenda, I have come up with some pretty creative shakes lately.  In fact, at work they call me the gourmet shake lady. I use the Unjury Chocolate Splendor when I don't have time.  I have the big Blender Bottle, make 3 at a time with almond milk then I pour out a third at a time to drink.  I know I am getting 21 grams of protein in.  63 for the day.  Then in the mornings, I do my greek yogurt with a bit of almond milk and a scoop of protein powder to net 40 grams of protein. 

I use the unflavored Unjury with all kinds of concoctions.  I get in 100 grams a day of supplemental protein with Unjury.  The rest is in food.

Maybe this will help you :-)

BRENDALOU
on 4/22/13 2:00 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

OK gourmet shake lady. pass on ur recipes. I will take all the help i can get on creative shakes.

jashley
on 4/21/13 3:17 am
DS on 12/19/12

I have started buying the unflavored protein powder (I use ISO Sensation 93) and mix it with all kinds of stuff.  In yogurt, soups, dips, anything I can stir it into to. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 347 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views