day 10 post op full liquid diet

starlightlu
on 5/16/13 12:36 pm - Canada

Hi, I'm just about feel like I'm starving all the time. I had a really good recovery so far but as per surgeon's recommendations, I should be on full liquid diet for still another week. I usually have oatmeal and a litlle yogurt for breakfats, soup broth for linch, a protein shake snack, another soup broth for supper and a glass of milk and lots of water in between. Am I not eating enough?. I just feel so hollow all the time. I wonder if I can venture past the liquids?

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

PSaadallah
on 5/16/13 1:48 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

Stick to the surgeon's recommendations.  It's difficult, and you REALLY want some more food.  Try adding a few sugar free popsicles or some sugar free Jello to help add a little extra in between "meals."  I think it's probably a good sign that you are hungry; it means you are healing well.  But DO NOT pu****  Chances are you would be okay, but you could make yourself sick and cause a problem in your healing.  

Time passes - I remember those first few weeks well.  I dreamed about food every night.  Stick with it - it's soooo worth it.  And this is the "easy" weight loss time, so take advantage of it!

jashley
on 5/16/13 4:15 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Give yourself the time to heal.  Don't jump the gun on this.  Get in more protein shakes - protein will help you feel full for a while.  Do more yogurt - it's really what your gut needs right now.

I remember the first 3 weeks.  I would have eaten my arm off if I had salt.  But I just hung in there till the time passed and then I went to soft foods (which really wasn't all that much better).   I wanted a steak so bad.  I bothered my sister non-stop for some meat.

It gets better.  You just have to white knuckle through it.  Eating SF jello in heavy cream is good.

PeteA
on 5/16/13 11:51 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm with you on that one. I came out not feeling very hungry but full liquids get old pretty quick. I would push more liquid protein. Protein shakes (whey), or things like Boost, Glucerna, etc. I found some of the pre mixed protein shakes a little too thick for me at first.

Good luck - soft foods soon. After the initial thrill pureed foods aren't much better but of course it's at least food.Keep up the good work.  angry

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Irishnurse
on 5/17/13 12:48 am, edited 5/17/13 12:49 am
DS on 04/17/13

When I was on full liquids I drank a lot of protein shakes, V8, jello, popcycles, thinned down pudding, yogurt shakes (mix greek yogurt with protein and water and shake it up****pt my belly full of liquids non stop. It helped with the hunger. 

When I got to soft foods...
Soft foods are anything you can squish with a fork. Not necessarily pureed. So Eggs, tuna, canned soups with veggies. I ate a lot of tuna salad, egg salad, beef stew, vegetable soup etc. I did not have anything pureed. =) 

One of my favs was a big batch of deviled eggs. I would grab a half and eat it. half of an egg is about an ounce. =D

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

nicholivolkoff
on 5/17/13 4:34 am - Canada

Hi! It's Michelle here, I am a week ahead of you. Maybe try blending up some cottage cheese? Worked for me.

starlightlu
on 5/17/13 4:56 am - Canada

thx all!

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 362 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom