It must be time to go back to work

meq815
on 6/2/13 10:31 am - PA

I just have too much time to think.....today's thought.....has anyone ever used pot (marijuana) for nausea relief following DS?

While I, myself, have not indulged in decades (I'm old)....never much cared for it, I was reveling in how good I feel since turning that corner 2 weeks ago.  I suffered debilitating nausea my first 3 weeks post op.  I mean CRIPPLING.  No meds seemed to work- Zofran, Compazine, Prilosec.  And while medical marijuana is becoming legal in a lot of states, its not here (PA).  The thought just crossed my idle mind if it would be effective.  Just wondering.

Londa7
on 6/2/13 1:33 pm
DS on 07/10/13
Several cancer patients have told me that THC is the only thing that keeps them from being severely nauseated. They have chemo/radiation daily and if it helps them, surely it would help a DS patient. Another option would be a prescription drug called marinol. Glad you turned the corner off of nausea street!!
meq815
on 6/3/13 12:48 am - PA

That was my thinking.

Thanks, Londa, hoping never to return to that road again!

Londa7
on 6/3/13 5:50 am
DS on 07/10/13
I'm having lap BPD/DS on July 10 with Dr Aceves. I've already stocked up on zofran and phenergan. Hope to not need it!! Good luck with your weight loss!!
ANGELOJOS27
on 6/3/13 8:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

It helps. Not to mention it reminds me to eat... I'm in AZ

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

LadyLucky
on 6/3/13 8:34 am - KS
So funny. I was just calling my RNY friend a pot head last night. I have never been one for smoking anything. Yuck! But she used to do it every few months. Post RNY she does it nightly. At first it was to help with nausea - she couldn't keep anything down. Now it's like nothing will settle on her stomach all day unless she does it. Be careful! I imagine it can be expensive too, but I really don't know. And she is an RNY so I'm sure that's different too. She did tell her surgeon and he said the anti-nausea meds he gave her contained some of the same ingredients. He said it wasn't awful as long as it wasn't out of control, and that puffing on cigs all day or drinking alcohol regularly are worse than a few puffs of marijuana. Huh, who knew. But that's just this one RNY doc. Beware the magic dragon!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 256 views