Yo, I'm from Philly

meq815
on 6/16/13 2:14 am - PA

I just couldn't take it anymore....I had a little piece of a good soft pretzel last night.  Not even the knot,  It was glorious! Of course i waited til I was home, not knowing how it would sit.  No problem at all!  And now my craving is satisfied.  The "old" me would've eaten at least 2 whole pretzels.  (Oh yea, I also had a couple licks of chocolate chip gelati....heaven....)

Corbin Y.
on 6/16/13 3:12 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Can't see a problem with it, as long as it doesn't become the "gateway drug".  Eventually, our tummies will be stronger and we'll be able to handle more.  Right now, since you and I had our surgeries pretty recently, our tummies can be pretty sensitive.  It must have felt great - a Philly pretzel is awesome.  You can have a cheesesteak, too - at least the insides!

meq815
on 6/16/13 4:57 am - PA

Haha, Corbin....gateway drug....Love it!  I'm so afraid of carbs.....had one bad incident, and that was plenty.

I feel so good in general, but this ole belly is pretty sensitive.  I forget it hasn't even been 2 months, until I try something I shouldn't.  Every day is a new experience!

PeteA
on 6/16/13 5:34 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

That doesn't sound so bad. Maybe two months out is a soft spot. I had to try some brown rice triscuits from my latest shopping trip. I made 4 little sandwiches with cream cheese - no ill effects yet (4 hours and counting - more for the game tonight). I too like the gateway drug comparison. Pretty funny. Luckily I still don't have room to go to far off track.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

meq815
on 6/16/13 6:31 am - PA

Triscuits!

CSerwalt
on 6/16/13 8:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
hello fellow Philly DSer! I haven't tried a pretzel yet... afraid I won't be able to stop myself. but today I did have a piece of cheesecake... keeping it the only carbs I have had for the day.
meq815
on 6/16/13 10:44 am - PA

Wow..cheesecake!  You're brave!   But you do have 5 months on me....

CSerwalt
on 6/16/13 12:07 pm - Philadelphia, PA
DS on 11/28/12
It's only once in a blue moon I allow myself a treat,it was a small small peice. And I'm home..wouldn't do it if I wasnt...I'm already paying for it. I don't think I could hold back with pretzels
NoreenRT
on 6/16/13 10:41 am - Warner Robins, GA

soft pretzel and a rita's water ice.  oh yeah. .

my co-workers laugh at me, 4 years out and i will only eat 1/2 a pretzel and a few bites of a child's size water ice (mango - yum).  i put the rest in the freezer and scrape off a few spoonfuls when the urge hits me. 

in my book, it's all about moderation and balance

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

meq815
on 6/16/13 10:46 am - PA

Looking forward to Rita's too!  I've always been more of an ice cream gal (obviously), but I have been eyeing up the Rita's lately...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views