Dr, Stewart's pt

BRENDALOU
on 7/22/13 9:59 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

Ok, now what do i do? I am a year out labs all over the board. any one have any advice on who is as good as Dr. Stewart?laugh Where do I go from here. I am so not prepared to do this alone.broken heart 

LadyLucky
on 7/22/13 10:08 pm - KS
I plan to work with my PCP on labs. I've also heard a hematologist might be an option. You can order the tracking sheet from VitaLady to see what all should be ordered if you don't already have a list. There are some great vets on here too. If you search the posts you can see what they recommend for your "normal" levels. You have to do some research but it's up to you to ensure your levels are where they should be. The surgeons usually don't know about vitamins and the PCPs usually don't know about the DS. So you have to know about both and will likely end up educating them.
tawny2112
on 7/23/13 12:16 am - Midwest City, OK

Brenda,

First off your not alone. I would follow your labs closely with Sue and the other staff at the office. Dr. Stewart did an excellent job training his staff and they will not leave you high and dry. I completely agree with your statement about is there anyone out there as good as Dr. Stewart was. The answer is NO!!!!!!. but there are enough of us who he saved that we can get you through the rest of your journey.

R.I.P. Dr. Stewartlaugh

Tonya

WHY I CHOSE DS:  No dumping,Highest percentage of excess weight loss , Best long term results, Less weight regain, No band fills, Eat normal sized meals post op and won't regain weight,NO Band slippage,  No revisions, 96% diabetes cured, 90% high blood pressure cured 80% sleep apnea cured. My children. Myself.

A. C
on 7/23/13 2:41 am

Brenda,

I can give you a copy of the labs I have done.  Much more extensive than what Sue pulls.  I use a Hematologist.  I just give copies to Sue.

I spoke with Amy (his tech) yesterday.  I feel for his family and staff. 

We are all here.  He did my surgery but there are other surgeons in the DFW area who are just as good and skilled.  Just not on the DSFacts website.  The DFW area of Bariatric surgeons may be the most political in the country.  I truly mean that.  There are more who do the DS just don't advertise it.

You will be ok!!!  Don't panic! 

BRENDALOU
on 7/24/13 1:46 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

can you please send me that list. Thanks so much

LonestarReggae
on 8/1/13 3:44 pm

Can you send me the list of other D.S. surgeons also? Thanks!

Giorod
on 8/25/13 1:42 pm

Could you send me list of other DS drs in Dallas area?

BRENDALOU
on 7/23/13 9:22 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

I  was told he had a partner does any one know anything about him. I did not know he even had a partner?

trevorhempel
on 7/23/13 1:02 pm

You are still able to have follow up done with Dr. Stewart's office.  The partner's name is Dr. Ayoola.  He came into the practice a year ago.  He assisted Dr. Stewart in OR.   When he had seen enough DS surgeries, Dr. Ayoola began doing the surgeries with Dr. Stewart as the assistant.  He will follow the same protocol as designed by Dr. Stewart.  The labs which are handed out were designed by him as well.  

MSSEXXC74
on 8/26/13 3:17 am

I think they said that Dr. Stewart had a doctor working with him who is taking over his practice.  I would doctor Stewart's office and see if you can get an appointment of talk to the person who is taking over his practice.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views