feeling sick before bowl movements?

SHFT_2
on 8/18/13 9:18 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

So I feel good for the most part. Still only eating about 2-3 times a day and not much plus one protein drink. I might get 30-40g protein in a day and 50oz of water with all of my required vitamins.

I get to feeling kind of light headed and sick to my stomach sometimes. I don't feel like I'll throw up just not good at all. A lot of times not long after that I have a bowl movement. Is it normal to feel this way before a bowl movement? I assume maybe my body is using  alot of energy to make it happen and it's energy I don't have? Or maybe I just hope its normal because I really don't want to end up with any major complications.

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Valerie G.
on 8/18/13 9:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Get that fluid intake up!  Dehydration causes nausea and fatigue, and right now I know its hard to tell the difference only a month out, but know that it can get way worse.  64oz is your minimum, so keep pushing. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

SHFT_2
on 8/19/13 2:41 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I'm only 3 weeks out from what I understand 50oz a day is not a bad place to be right now. I also don't include the water I mix in with my protein, but if I did I'd be at about 60oz.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Valerie G.
on 8/19/13 8:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You were getting more than 64oz in your IV the very day you had surgery.  They released you because they trusted that you can keep up with your needs yourself.  I know its hard - but keep pushing.  What you're feeling right now may be the start of severe dehydration.  You should have been getting 64oz for the last three weeks, not working up to it now.  You work up to the protein, if you're given the luxury.  My surgeon insisted I get 100g of protein daily my very first week home, and 12 vitamins at the time.  I could do it, and it sucked - but you can do it too.  This is your job right now.  Don't make excuses, just get it done.

Valerie
DS 2005

SHFT_2
on 8/19/13 9:37 am - Grand Rapids, MI

My surgeons office and many many vets agree 50oz at my stage is a great step. I feel you are a bit pushy and I don't really appreciate it. Don't assume someone is making excuses because you were able to do something. You are not a surgeon and everyone does not have the same experience.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

Valerie G.
on 8/19/13 9:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

So you're asking what might be going on but you don't want to hear about the most common possibility??

Sometimes it takes pushy to get a point across - but some people just refuse to listen.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Valerie
DS 2005

meq815
on 8/19/13 12:03 pm - PA

Valerie, for what it's worth, I thought your advice was pretty good, compassionate and encouraging.

* Gail R *
on 8/19/13 2:03 am - SF Bay Area, CA

Yes, I sometimes have mild nausea before a BM. I think it is the increased motility of my intestinal tract. As time goes on, it happens only occasionally. When you know where the nausea is coming from, it is easier to deal with.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

SHFT_2
on 8/19/13 2:42 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thanks. I hoped that was it, but wanted to see if it was common before I just assumed that was it.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

on 8/19/13 3:10 am

This happened to me earlier on, till I started taking daily probiotic.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 20 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1093 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1269 views
Need help for my mom