One Month

SHFT_2
on 8/25/13 1:20 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Well I'm a month out tomorrow and have lost 25 pounds since surgery so far. I'm down 50 since June 5th when I first weighed in at my surgeons office. I count it all because if it was not for the need to shrink my liver before surgery I would not have been so determined to drop as much as possible as fast as possible. 50 pounds seems like such a huge number. I just wish I could tell more. I'm super happy for the loss so far and can't wait to lose even more.

I did have a little stall in weight loss last week. I assume because I wasn't getting enough protein. I had lactose issues and just couldn't get myself to eat. I've been more determined lately to eat as many small meals as I can to get the protein and keep up on my fluids. I noticed the days I get more protein I am more likely to drop a pound than the days I don't get as much. I also walk every day during my lunch at work.

Things are getting easier every day. I'm not feeling sick in the mornings now that I realized if I don't have a protein shake of some kind right when I wake up I can't function. I even had milk the last two days and didn't get all bloated and miserable so I think the lactose thing is working it's self out already as well.

I hope to have a great month of weight loss for Month 2.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

meq815
on 8/25/13 1:38 am - PA

That's awesome!  50 lbs!  I felt like I couldn't tell much difference in the beginning either, but you'll wake up one day (soon) and look in the mirror and be like "whoa!"!!  My whole face has changed, and I now have a neck!

You're doing a great job.  I really admire your strength.  I feel like I was such a big baby my first month.  Keep up the amazing work!

Irishnurse
on 8/25/13 3:11 am
DS on 04/17/13

Congrats! Sounds like you are right on trac****ep up the good works!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Member Services
on 8/25/13 6:57 am - Irvine, CA

Sounds like you are doing fantastic.  Congratulations.  Keep sharing your journey!

MajorMom
on 8/25/13 7:25 am - VA

Sounds like you're doing great and I'm so glad the lactose thing is getting better. Keep doing what you're doing. : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 17 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)