Crab Legs!!!

Layleigh
on 9/26/13 10:42 pm - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Crab legs are my most favorite food ever!!! Dr K gave me the go ahead, so I did...lol! The meat was so soft, it went down easy and agreed with my tummy! Probably the best part, aside from the awesome flavor, was the fact that I could only eat very little..lol, so my seafood budget now goes a very long way!!!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

meq815
on 9/27/13 12:53 am - PA

~~like~~  I've been dying for crab legs!  Going out tonight....maybe they'll be on the menu wink

Layleigh
on 9/27/13 1:41 am - CA
Revision on 09/10/13

Oh gosh, I hope they do too, cuz it's really great to be eating something so good..that's actually on an approved diet..lol, it's a real bonus!!!

RNY to DS revision 9-10-13 Dr. Ara Keshishian   

meq815
on 9/28/13 12:32 am - PA

Well, no crab legs, so I had to make do with the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto......YUMMMMMMM!!!!!  It was so good!  I also had some black eyed pea and ham soup, and some of hubby's prime rib.  'Twas the most I think I've eaten so far....I even had a spoonful of rice pudding for dessert.

Corbin Y.
on 9/27/13 2:19 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Had some crab bisque soup and 4 crab claws yesterday for lunch!  Yum!

dustycroy
on 9/27/13 3:32 am
DS on 05/14/13

I agree with everyone....  As far as getting in protien, especially early on.. seafood is the way to go.  A few weeks ago I went to a crab feed, and was a little frightened that I could eat as much as I was eating...  scary....  but then I realized it was a combination of things, having to crack the crab slowed me down inbetween bites, and I think seafood crab, shrimp, fish just are an excellent choice as far as the texture of protein for our sleeved tummys....more flaky     As I have complained on here before, regular meat protein is so hard for me because after two or three bites Im gagging, and cant eat anymore, but it doesnt seem to happen when eating seafood...Thank God!  lol

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

meq815
on 9/28/13 12:34 am - PA

I agree, dusty, seafood works so well in my belly, so I can usually eat a goodly portion.  Ground beef is the worst....so heavy.  Pork seems to do well, too.

dustycroy
on 9/28/13 3:35 am
DS on 05/14/13

Hi meq815, I guess we are all learning as we go along with this journey of ours.  Chicken is my worst protein to choke down.  As soon as it hits my new tummy, theres a weird uncomfortablness that starts, and it only gets worse.  I often wonder if this will get better over time, or is this the way it always going to be?  I guess time will tell, "on alot of things".....lol

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

meq815
on 9/29/13 12:15 am - PA

Yea, for sure, still learning.  I assumed, preop, that eggs and chicken would be standard go-to foods post op.  Wrong on both.  One of my worst experiences has been with wings- not even especially hot- the first bite just did not go down well at all!  And eggs have been very diificult....just now am I starting to be able to handle 1 scrambled with a little thin ham and provolone, or fried hard. 

Every day is a new adventure!

nativenewyorker64
on 9/27/13 5:14 am - UT
I will have to try crab, but I love shrimp. Shrimp and wings are my drug of choice.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views