The foamies/with revision

hayley88
on 10/29/13 7:58 am

Im a RNY to DS revision. Ive noticed over the last week or so by the end of the day my stomach hurts and i want to throw up. It's always the thick stuff, I think people refer to as foamies. I do not each much solid food yet (long story) so I know its not from over eating. I do manage to get in my syntrax protein shake 2/4 times a day. Is there any way to reduce this foam in our stomach's? Is it from me maybe drinking to fast, which i don't think I do. It's just weird that it always happens in the evenings. My revision was a hot mess! Without all the gory details I was in hospital for 2 months and had a leak. I'm much better. Still do not have all my energy back but slowly getting to the drinking and eating stage.

MajorMom
on 10/29/13 7:03 pm - VA

I've gotten foams when I added a shake on top of a meal but if you were empty and had foamies with a shake I would slow down a bit and just do a quick check with the surgeon's office to see if it's something they want to ckeck out. Keep us posted and good luck.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PeteA
on 10/30/13 12:08 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It does sound like too much in the stomach. Doesn't have to be solid food. I could be the shakes.

If you don't mind - when they did the revision what did they do to your stomach?

Sandra C.
on 11/1/13 11:54 am - Kalamazoo, MI

I'm a virgin D.S. 2 years out now. When I was beginning to eat solid food I had the foamies at dinner time for a few weeks. I think I was eating too much, or the food swelled more than I expected in the stomach. During the day I was having no foaming issues, mostly drank shakes, protein fruit drinks, and warm protein beef broth. I could eat more with a bit of stomach stretching over time, the foamies disappeared. Your Dr may have some ideas about your condition, best to give them a call.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1259 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 512 views