falling off track

rosegirlds
on 1/4/14 11:33 am - IL

two things:

1st, the holidays have really messed me up.  I am not getting my protein in like I should, am eating more carbs (sneaking treats here and there) and even have had a drink or two (or more) of the dreaded soda!  I am determined to do better.  Any tips on how to get back on track?  Has this happened to anyone else?

I am 51/2 months out.  My HW was 344 (before my pre-op diet) SW 332, Current Weight 258.  Total loss 86 lbs.  I would love to lose at least another 80 total.  Is that reasonable?

Thanks.

Becca

jashley
on 1/4/14 1:26 pm
DS on 12/19/12

First of all - IMHO - you need to get the protein in and take your vits.  That's job number one.  Even if you don't stop eating junk and never get back on track, you have to get that protein in every day.  You will pay for this later if you don't.

Secondly, you have 18 months to lose this weight easily.  And trust me, it gets slower and slower the longer out we are.  Your body will adjust to the surgery and become more efficient at absorbing the calories/carbs we eat.  Recommit yourself to the process, log your food every day, and get rid of all your treats/soda/carbs out of the house.

The best way to do it is cold turkey.  No carbs (below 30 per day).  White knuckle it for 2 weeks and the cravings will stop.

Irishnurse
on 1/4/14 3:29 pm
DS on 04/17/13

What she said....

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PeteA
on 1/5/14 9:43 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

If you have been tracking your measl you might want to go back to those early meals from between 2 and 4 months. Use that as your guide. It really is concentrating on protein and liquids while staying away from extra carbs. I had a bad Christmas season. I have been stalled most of December but I am back to my original meal plans. Good luck.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 368 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 822 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views