Price of Vites and Supplements

MelanieL
on 1/6/14 4:34 am - Edmonton, Canada

Hi All!

I am considering DS and just trying to put together a full picture of what life with DS looks like.  I am wondering what a typical vitamin and supplement regimen looks like along with what forms are taken such as liquid capsule etc. and generally what the price of supplements would be monthly? Thanks!

PeteA
on 1/6/14 6:24 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Some of this information is covered in the answers to this post.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4666618/Multiple-Questi ons-Please-see-if-you-can-answer-any-of-them/

Most of these are pills with some capsules. Nothing Gummy and nothing oil based.

For a full list of vits you should look at the list on vitalady.com. I started out with less and have had to add some vits
​based on my labs.

Here ie what I am taking currently.

I spend about $60/month on vits and maybe $25/month on protein supplements. I usually only do 1 protein shake a day.

I feel I can lower that once I can get to  places like Costco. Right now everything is mail ordered usually via amazon and sometimes vitalady. 630 mg calcium 3X daily 2 multivitamin / day 120 mg iron daily B50 complex once a week. magnesium 250 mg 3X day Vit a-10,000 /day Vit D-50,000 2X/day   I forget the dosages but b12, zinc, copper,  potassium, Vit E and K
fullhousemom
on 1/6/14 7:05 am, edited 1/6/14 7:06 am
I spend $60 per month, and follow Vitalady's plan, except for B-multi supplement and iron. I don't absorb iron and rely on iron infusions.

I get all my protein thru food and don't use protein shakes, though I do have a protein bar every morning.
teachmid
on 1/6/14 7:45 am - OKC, OK
I spend about 60-80 a month for vitamins and 60 a month for protein powder.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1202 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 497 views