Protein Powder, Pumpkin Spice... Your thoughts?

ANGELOJOS27
on 1/17/14 12:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13

So my favorite Brand of protein About Time Protein has a seasonal flavor Pumpkin Spice... I used to do protein coffees but had stopped for a few months but my weight loss has drastically slowed so I think I need to up my protein so I am going to go back to my protein coffees. That being said what do you think Pumpkin Spice protein powder would taste like? Do you think my protein slurry it would be as good as the pumpkin spice creamer? I wish I could taste it... Have any of you. Its on "sale" for 39.00 directly from the maker and no one else sells it because I figured id get it cheaper through gnc or amazon and I couldn't find it! Anyways your thoughts? 

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

MajorMom
on 1/17/14 5:47 am - VA

lol  I was just suggesting to someone to add pumpkin spice to their vanilla protein powder for a great protein pumpkin latte. I don't know how the flavored powder would differ from just putting a few dashes of spice in a vanilla protein coffee but it sure is worth a try. Let us know!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

hollykim
on 1/18/14 12:44 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I have added pumpkin purée or canned plain pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice to a vanilla shake and it worked just fine. I don't know why you would have to buy a special thing. I would try this recipe first. Gl

ANGELOJOS27
on 1/22/14 3:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13
makes sense but I'm a grab and go kind of girl... making my two step protein coffees is enough steps for me... I'm going to buy protein anyways might as well try new flavors

Banded on 7/1/09,cool removed on 11/11... Switched on 2/5/13. Ticker includes 23lbs lost on preop diet...          

Blob_on_the_Beach
on 1/20/14 11:55 pm - On a pedestal, TX

My favorite protein brand is also About Time! I have tried the pumpkin spice flavor but not added to coffee. It was good, the pumpkin spice flavor is mild and not overwhelming. It tastes like they added pumpkiny flavor to vanilla powder. If you ever get pumpkin lattes or frapps at coffee shops and like them, then you should like this too. Also, try the chocolate mint! One reason I like this brand is that it easily mixes with less liquid (4-5 oz.), and sometimes I just don't feel like drinking 8 oz. of protein. Plus it is one of the few brands that I have found that does not give me GAS! 

ANGELOJOS27
on 1/22/14 3:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
DS on 02/05/13
I have actually tried them all, my favorite is cinnamon roll... I'm definitely going to try the pumpkin... btw its on sale...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 307 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 773 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 257 views