weight loss

Scarlet32blue
on 2/28/14 2:59 am
DS on 12/31/13

how much should I be losing per month on average. I had my ds on 12/31/2013 and last weigh in at dr office on 2/27/2014 I was at 30lbs lost since surgery. This month I weigh in at home and scale on shows 6lbs lost for the month. I don't weigh anywhere else but doc's office but since I will not see him till my three month follow up at the end of march I was curious to see how much lost in a month. should I be worried about this?     

Cecy

Scarlet32blue
on 2/28/14 3:26 am
DS on 12/31/13

forgot to add that I am 8 weeks out as of feb 25th!

Cecy

Valerie G.
on 2/28/14 3:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was down about 46 lbs at 8 weeks ago, and I remember how disappointed I was to return to work and not be 50 lbs down.  Take a good accounting of making sure you're eating (a) enough and (b) the right things, and know that ebbs and flows will happen.  Also, check the back of your closet for the smaller clothes.  You'll be surprised that they may just fit!  That's what I did at every stall.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 2/28/14 3:49 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

It all depends on where you started and what your goal weight is.

I've found this info online:

Figure out your percent of excess weight lost: pounds lost divided by total excess pounds. (Use a BMI of 25 as a goal weight.)

On track to lose it all is 25% lost after 2 months, 50% after 6 months, and 80% at one year.

Please note: These are averages. Your mileage may vary.

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

PeteA
on 2/28/14 12:28 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I don't think you need to be worried. Your at early days  yet. I would suggest you take measurements as a second
way to track the changes in your body. Sometimes even when the scale is slow our bodies are changing.

Also, some people stair step their weight loss so you may not lose, or lose very little for a couple of weeks and then drop more weight. You will just have to see.

How are you doing on liquids and protein?

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

happydsr
on 2/28/14 1:43 pm

there are many ways to measure your progress.  the scale is one method.  Also take measurements monthly, from top to bottom.  YTrack how well your clothes fit, and what size jeans you are wearing.  Take progress photos as well

Make note on how you are feeling, how much exercise you are doing, how many stairs you climb without being winded.  

and measures do not trend in a perfectly straight line.  Like Pete said, picture a series of stair steps.  Your weight may be flat lines for several weeks...then suddenly drop a big chunk maybe only every five or six weeks.  No need to get frustrated.  The weight will come off, as long as you eat your protein and fat, hydrate and keep your carbs low

Scarlet32blue
on 3/2/14 11:55 pm
DS on 12/31/13

thanks guys for all the info! my protein intake is 70grams. this is the amount the NUT gave me. and my water intake is 64 oz per day and I am getting a little more then that around 85oz a day. I am able to get in all my protein with no issue. I will take all of the great advice you guys have given me and enjoy my ds and weight loss to come!

Cecy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views