Weight Loss? Clothes?

elaynemu
on 12/12/14 2:00 am

I am having surgery on Tuesday.  It has been a whirlwind.  Went to the seminar on the 2nd Tuesday of October and here I am.  Everything has gone so smoothly and quickly that I am not sure whether it is meant to be or that I am heading for a train wreck.  I do have a tendency to see the glass as half empty instead of half full.  Anyway, I know that everyone's weight loss is different but I would like to get an idea of what to expect for clothing.  I do taxes and I make all my money for the whole year during tax season (basically the last week of January to April 15th).  During that time, I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Now, I bet at this point, all the post op people are laughing at how naive I am.  I realize that I probably won't be able to keep up with my normal schedule but I do want to work as much as I possibly can.  My question is clothes.  I am in a woman's 3X and I probably have enough 2X to get by but after that?  Everyone is having such great sales that I am wondering if I should get some 1X things but if I am not likely to get to a 1X by spring, it wouldn't be smart to have a bunch of cold weather clothes in 1X.  Hopefully, by next winter, I can be out of the X's altogether.  I am 5'6 and weigh 302 at this point.  I know the heavier you are the faster you lose, at first, at least, on the thousands of regular diets I have been on  Anyone got any ideas?

PeteA
on 12/12/14 2:30 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

As long as you accommodate your protein and liquid needs, and of course you have a fairly average recovery I don't see a reason you can't keep your usual schedule. You may have to amke some minor scheduling tweaks but the end of January gives you about 5 weeks maybe a little more. Seems like a good amount of time to me.

No help on clothes. I had 3 sizes stockpiled from my past weights to get into. I would think it would be better to wait until you need
them. Even if you are out of 2x before tax day usually you can fake it for a while with the "baggy" look.

The light at the end of the tunnel is a new day  - not a train.   Congrats!!!!

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Star0210
on 12/12/14 3:20 am
DS on 11/28/14

I agree with Pete...by the end of January you should be back to yourself and have no reason why you shouldn't be able to keep up with your normal pace and schedule. That is providing you follow the rules and keep yourself hydrated and getting in enough protein.

You will likely definitely be in a 1x before spring...but I wouldn't go out and buy a bunch of stuff...because you probably won't be in that size for very long. 

You might pick up maybe just a couple of items that can be worn in the colder weather but also just in cooler temps of spring. Certainly don't go and spend any significant amount of money. In fact, I might go to consignment shops to get "interim" clothing. 

elaynemu
on 12/12/14 6:39 am

Thank you so much guys.  I have been worried about what I would do if I couldn't work all the hours that I usually do.  I will make a point of getting in the water and the protein.  I am lucky (I don't know if that is the word I should use) in that my 22 year old daughter had a gastric bypass 2 years ago and taught me everything that you shouldn't do  and what the consequences are when you don't follow the rules.  Hopefully, I will do much, much better.  I am all set with protein and Vitamins.  A little nervous but I have high hopes.  Thanks again.

Y D.
on 12/12/14 12:43 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Have you heard of Gwynnie Bee? It's a plus size clothing subscription service. I've used it for a while, it's great, and I know it will really come in handy when I move down in sizes.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 774 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1061 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 351 views