Help, I'm gaining weight!

jcov3312
on 5/11/16 6:04 pm

Hey guys I need some help, figured I'd come here first. It's been 2 years since my ds and I've been gaining weight. My diet has been the same and I've never been able to do much exercise because I have a screw in my foot that prevents me from moving too much or having too much weight on it. I was doing great until the past 2 months, I've blown up! I've gained nearly 15lbs I've even started working group out more than I should because I'm so stressed about it.

I tried a full liquid diet for a week (like under 1000 calories a day and I gained weight!) I have a feeling it's more than just not exercising enough. I had a full blood/hormone panel done in march and everything came back normal, im not pregnant,  I considered that too. I'm calling the Dr tomorrow just trying to see if anyone can relate. 

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? What was it? 

Thanks for helping, I'm really stressed and even falling into depression over this I've worked too hard for it to go away this quickly. :-( 

PattyL
on 5/11/16 7:47 pm

Track on MFP or something similar for a few days to look for a trend!

PeteA
on 5/12/16 1:54 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Did they do protein levels when you had your blood workup? I would have thought a week on liquids would at least stabilize you but it sounds like you might be retaining water for some reason.

If you have a smart phone the MyFitnessPal tracker is good but you might alos do at least a couple of weeks adding to the Bytes and Vits thread to see if people see sometihng you're not.

Hope you get some answers soon,

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Valerie G.
on 5/12/16 1:56 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Okay, first of all, regain is to be expected to a degree.  I'm talking 15-25% of your excess weight lost. That's why people lose as much as they can that first year, so that bounceback weight isn't as dramatic.  Bring two years out, it's about that time that your body is settling into itself and finding a new normal.   That being said, be sure you're in good practices and adjust accordingly.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Britt U.
on 7/2/16 10:26 pm - Mill Creek, WA

I started seeing my doctor when I suddenly regained. She tested my body fat and metabolism and put me on low carb high fat. I eat 80 gm protein, 90 gm fat, 30 gm carb. I've taken off around 12lbs in 5 weeks. Feeling really good. I track everything on MFP.

She also referred me to Jimmy Moore's podcasts. He just posted all the sessions from the LCHF conference in South Africa. Loved the talk by Christine Cronau. And she looks looks amazing too.

i ate candy today for the first time in weeks and got sick. Had to lay down. Reminds me how bad sugar is. Ick.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 358 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 817 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views