Higher Potassium levels

PeteA
on 5/17/16 7:52 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Anyone have any issues of your Potassium going up without taking any supplements? I know I get some
in my multi but my last 2 labs have shown high levels of potassium and I'm not quite sure what I can do 
about it, if anything.  I'm not eating anything particularly high in potassium on a regular basis.

I'll eventually take it to my PCP or nephrologist but wondered if anyone has any insight.

on a 3.5 - 5.0 range

5.2  on 4/15/16  and

5.8  on 5/17/16

I've had 5.2 once or twice in the past but mostly in the middle to low 4's.

Pete

hollykim
on 5/18/16 9:11 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 18, 2016 at 2:52 AM Pacific Time, PeteA wrote:

Anyone have any issues of your Potassium going up without taking any supplements? I know I get some
in my multi but my last 2 labs have shown high levels of potassium and I'm not quite sure what I can do 
about it, if anything.  I'm not eating anything particularly high in potassium on a regular basis.

I'll eventually take it to my PCP or nephrologist but wondered if anyone has any insight.

on a 3.5 - 5.0 range

5.2  on 4/15/16  and

5.8  on 5/17/16

I've had 5.2 once or twice in the past but mostly in the middle to low 4's.

Pete

mine was high last labs too

PeteA
on 5/23/16 6:09 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

So the saga continues.

After getting a 5.9 reading on mutiple days they cancelled my surgery and I had 2 people from pre-admin tell me to go to emergency, WHich I did. At emergency the Doc got back the tests and I was at 5.3. I could tell he didn't even think the 5.9 was a big deal so I guess some CYA on the part of pre-admin.

New potassium test on Wed and surgery rescheduled for Friday. I guess we'll see what happens next.

Pete

PeteA
on 5/31/16 6:04 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Just an update. After a couple of days with mostly protein shakes I got a second 5.3 reading on my potassium. This was low enough to let them do the surgery and it went well. The margins on the bone they cut off were free from infection so I should be good once the stitches are out.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views