vitamins and antibiotics

PeteA
on 6/6/16 11:50 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Finally done with the doxycycline. I've been on what seems a multitude of antibiotics over the past three years of my DS and this was by far the worst to accomodate with my vitamin schedule.  2 tablets a day and no calcium, etc 4 hours before or after. WOrked fine for the night time but always an issue during the day.

This is based on the notes for taking the antibiotic. I'm usually on Augmentin and make no real changes with that. Oh well - you do what you have to.

I had osteomylitus in the tip of a toe and had to hav eit cut off. The bone margins were clear so that should be behind me soon. 5 stitches should be coming out on Tursday. Hoping to get back on the exercise bandwagon.. :)

Pete

larra
on 6/6/16 3:36 pm - bay area, CA

Pete, I so hope this is all behind you now. With your positive attitude you will do just fine with that toe tip.

Larra

PeteA
on 6/7/16 4:51 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Thanks Larra,

I think most of my distress was really psychological. The whole amputation thing loomed large for me with my diabetes and foot ulcers when I was pre-op. I think I came close a couple of times with some bad cases of cellulitis luckily IV antibiotics worked.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 309 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 774 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 258 views