CURIOUS

scaryreader
on 9/9/16 8:15 pm - Chicago, IL

Ive been a member here for about 11 years. Come Oct. 17th it will be 10yrs since my surgery. That day I was 340lbs. Today I'm 155. I'm no longer embarrassed to walk into a room of strangers knowing they're staring at me and snickering. From a size 54 top to a 12 (because I like them on the loose side). I've been as small as sized 4 in jeans but now I'm a 7/ 9 and very comfortable.

I started this post to ask a question but got sidetracked, sorry about that. Evidently it's just me, but what happened to the interesting post I use to read here? What's with all the vites, bites & excercites? I'm not being critical I promise. Just curious. I guess this is a newer younger crowd, lol.

Anyway, take care everyone.

Eve
hw:400+
sw:340
cw:163

PattyL
on 9/10/16 12:44 pm

Most of us are still around!

Valerie G.
on 9/11/16 5:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

This board isn't what it once was because some have migrated to other social media.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MargaretMary
on 9/12/16 8:17 pm

I'm wondering the SAME THING!  Came back and SAD!!!   I wanted to reconnect!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/16 6:51 pm

I agree - I try to post on my experiences but many of the viewers don't share their trials and tribulations. The site provides an important connection and opportunity but if all the viewers just read without sharing their experiences, it might as well shut down.

So other than the handful that keep this going, everyone else please start sharing. You owe it to all of us and especially yourself!

Beam me up Scottie
on 9/14/16 8:05 pm
I miss the days of being vile and malicious and winning people to the dark side! But my life has moved on. I've become busy...losing weight has allowed me to reach my professional goals.

It seems like the VSG has become the new gold standard which is unfortunate.
PeteA
on 9/20/16 8:14 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It's a much smaller group now. A lot of people migrate to FB but even though I'm on FB I find this a better place
for more in depth questions and answers. I always circle back here sooner or later. 

I think Gina has the vits/bites/exercites setup to automaticallly populate. Not positive but she's very good about not missing
a day.

Welcome back. You can always be a part of the new crowd anyway. :) It's good to have the people that are pretty far out
but I sometimes find it encouraging that I think people drop away because of all the avenues the DS opened for them.

Just a glass half full kind of guy sometimes.  :)

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views