DS

PeteA
on 6/1/18 12:39 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Well we are all pretty disposed to think the DS is your best bet here. Once you make a choice you naturally feel it is the best one.

Keeping the weight off was a prime consideration for me and the malabsorption is key to that. I yoyo dieted all my life, always gaining more, eventually, than I lost. I didn't want to go through surgery only to have that happen again. That is why the sleeve was at the bottom of the list for me. I knew the restriction would help me lose but I had no faith that I would keep it off. With the DS I knew I would have a longer term tool to help me.

It's a big decision and whatever you decide use it the best you can.

Pete

Beam me up Scottie
on 6/3/18 1:16 pm
Regret spending the last decade a normal weight? Nope...I would have certain been either dead or so SMO that I would not be able to walk- at 492 lbs (my highest weight just before surgery) I was almost there.

Scott
Crazeru
on 6/5/18 6:19 pm

I had my DS 10 years ago with Dr Rabkin. I'm in Sacto. No regrets. Diabetes is gone, along with high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views