Surgiversary 13 years

jinjer
on 12/12/19 6:44 pm - Eastwood, KY

I still swing by here but not very often. I'm sorry that I don't, because I loved posts of people who were more than 5 or 10 years post surgery. I'm going to try and come more often this next year.

Anyway, today 13 years ago I had the DS. My life was forever changed! I followed every rule to a T! I optimized my window and learned to live again. I lost 120+ pounds. I had more life changing plastic surgery 3 years out to have 20 pounds of skin removed. I eat pretty much like a normal human, focusing on protein first still, fat is my friend, and I have some treats sometimes too!! I had a little weight gain bounce back of about 8 pounds, but I've lost 5 of that. I try and weigh every other day or so to keep on track.

There are days I can't believe I have worn the same size for 10 plus years. I have to change my clothes out because styles change not because I can't wear it anymore. I'm at the point now that many people never know what I was before.

I am a nurse practitioner and have advocated for several of my patients that want to have surgery. There is no on in my state that does the DS, but I always tell them I traveled to have mine and it was so worth it.

If you have questions please feel free to ask!!

Jinjer

PeteA
on 12/14/19 1:44 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congratulations. That sounds great. It's always good to hear someone that has long term success, makes me even more hopeful.

Have you noticed any major changes to your vitamin requirements over the years? I'm 6 years out and pretty stable with my vitamins and make minor adjustments based on yearly labs ( some things get done more often but I do a comprehensive set yearly ).

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

jinjer
on 12/17/19 6:27 pm, edited 2/3/20 10:29 am - Eastwood, KY

I've been pretty stable for many years. My D was about the only thing I changed in the first few years, but it has been the same for many years now. Everything else is pretty stable. I am anemic and get iron infusions every few years, I think 2-3 in the last 10 years. But we aren't sure that is related to the WLS. Overall, everything is stable.....

Jinjer

PeteA
on 12/18/19 5:58 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Thanks for the insight. I was just wondering because I'm a vitamin schedule "tinkerer". While my actual vitamin list stays pretty much the same now I tend to look and see if changing the time or the combination has any change to my levels. Mostly it doesn't and I end up with whatever is working for my schedule but I did get a rise in D by moving it to overnight and morning (1 50k each time).

Janet P.
on 12/17/19 7:47 am

Happy surgerversary Jinjer!!

Isn't life post-DS great!!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 326 views
calcium/protein