New to Boards...from Wa State

sunnyinseattle1
on 3/25/08 1:47 pm

Hi all. I am new to this site. I have FB, arthritis, PCOs just to name a few. I am having my second intial consult on 4/14/08. I will not have any problems with insurance. The only test I might have to repeat is the Upper GI. My mother is disabled from FB. So I know of the horrendous pain. My question is......does the pain get better with the weight loss? 

Sunny

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Debjynx
on 3/25/08 11:19 pm - MN
Hi For me it did get alot better.  I really feel that foods trigger a flair-up for me and I can tell the difference when I eat sugary or high fat food.  Exercise really helps and I couldn't do any of that when I weighed almost 300 pounds.  I take 1/2 a flexeral every night and can manage my pain most of the time with tylenol and occassionally with tylenol 3. Deb
sunnyinseattle1
on 3/26/08 12:56 am
I have been suffering without medication.  I am hoping the weight loss helps.
Shanana
on 3/26/08 10:35 pm - Altavista, VA
Welcome and best wishes on this journey for you. I was not diagnosed until after I had lost the majority of my weight. They couldnt blame it on weight anymore.  I also was diagnosed with arthiritis and a ruptured disk. Sure all the damage from carrying that weight made the biggest difference. Drs have told me that Id probably be in a wheelchair had I not lost the weight. I finally have some help for pain now. Hope not to be so medicated forever but time will tell. Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

PrincessGina
on 3/27/08 1:51 am - Ft. Drum, NY

Hi and welcome to the board! I wish I could say yes!  For me the answer is no.  In fact my pain is much worse.  I am 4 months out and down 70 pounds.  I know everyone is different, and I hope with time I do get better.  But as of right now, I actually feel worse. Good luck to you Sunny!

jbjzgirl
on 6/23/08 6:26 pm - Camano Island, WA

My fibro is definately worse.  But, I think moving back to the Northwest is contributing to it.  We get a lot of moisture (as you well know! ) (body) and a lot of darker days (mood).  Some have suggested light therapy (like they use for mood problems associated with dark winters).  My deal is that with eating better and exercising (something I have been NOT doing lately) we should feel better with the fibro.  I am going through the process of finding meds that will help.  Nothing so far.  I either get a rash or feel like I am going crazy!  Now the med I am on now doesn't seem to work for anything but making me sleep so hard that i don't roll over at night, thus making my pain worse!  so, back to the drawing board! I have chronic headache, migraines, arthritis, fibro, and I could be a bit nuts! LOL!  or dumb!  usually I am feeling one of those at any given moment! when is your surgery?  I am 4 years post-op.  nice to meet a fellow washingtonian!

Most Active
Recent Topics