Still gaining

soup7777
on 5/9/11 12:20 am - TX
Well, it's been of week of going back on plan.  I've been pretty good at monitoring what goes in my mouth, exercise, etc.

However, I noticed the scale still goes up.  I've went from 277 to 280.

It's a little depressing, but I assume it's just my body trying to get back in the groove of things.

My body does these weird things about 2 times a year.  Kind of like it goes into shock or something.  I get bloated and put on about 5-10 lbs in a week.  Then it never goes off.  I've never had a doctor take me serious when I mention it to them (one tried to put me on a full dose of diabetic medication when my blood sugar was normal...I had to quit taking them because I would pass out).

Anyone ever experience this?

I won't let this get me down.  I figure the weight gain would have been worse if I hadn't been sticking to plan.  Hopefully my body figures out what it wants to do, and I can start seeing the scale go down.
wendyb315
on 5/9/11 12:50 am
I've had that happen a few times.  It may not be how much you are eating, but what you are eating.  Certain foods effect your hormones in different ways and that can have a big impact on fat burning versus holding onto the fat.  My doctor suggested that I cut out wheat, sugar, and processed foods.  It's made a big difference.  Once I started doing that the scale has steadily been going down.  A big plus is that I also have a lot more energy and am sleeping better.

Wendy
Ceithlenn
on 5/9/11 12:58 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13
I know it sounds crazy but have you been keeping track of your water?

In the past I have been doing everything right but not taking in enough fluid and it would prevent a loss or even cause a gain.

sesmith
on 5/9/11 1:43 am
 My take on that is the scale is always behind. For example, you think you got away with bad eating because no weight gain, so you continue. Then the scale catches up a week or two later. I think it is the same with losing. Keep on doing what you are doing and the scale will move in the other direction.
Easternshoregrl
on 5/9/11 5:47 am - MD
I'm in the midst of this myself. I my carb intake gets out of hand, party over. I have to monitor my carbs religiously. Drinking your water is also a must.

First consult 306, pre-op visit 278, surgery date 272, current 198

coachgrrl
on 5/10/11 2:24 am
 Right there with you...

I've been a runaway carb train since I got home from vacation 2 weeks ago (but did well on vacation...go figure)

So cutting back my carbs and quitting sugar.  Which sucks, but it's got to be done.  I was up 4 lbs on the scale this am.  #$@%@&!

Most Active