Plateau or another fill???

jules777
on 6/23/11 5:48 am - CA
OK, this is getting a little old now... I have either hit a plateau or I need another little fill??? I have been following the rules and exercising but I am not loosing weight. I have been at 228 lbs for 2 months now and the scale is not budging. I do seem to want to eat a few hours after my meals so I am wondering if I need a little fill or is it head hunger... Grrr, sometimes its so hard to tell. Have any of you had this problem? I have an 11CC band with 7CCs in it. Did you hit plateau's and if you did how long did they last for you? I am thinking that there is something more happening with me cause I am only 5 months out since my surgery so I am thinking my results should be better. Any input anyone???

cheynne03
on 6/23/11 5:56 am - West Monroe, LA
How much weight have you lost since your last fill?  How quickly are you getting hungry after eating?  How much are you eating at each meal?  How many fills have you had?    5 Months out and you have lost 40 lbs.  I think you are doing well, but if the fat pad around your stomach has decreased, this will decrease your restriction and you will get hungry sooner than before.  You dont want to over fill your band but you do need enough restriction to allow you to not get hungry for 3 - 4 hours after eating. 

Theresa

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

grannymedic1
on 6/23/11 6:01 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Plateaus are normal, a chance for your body to catch up with itself. A couple of questions to consider: 1) Are you getting in all your fluids and protein?
2) Are you losing inches? I dropped inches or sizes whenever my weight would plateau. I liked that.
3) If you are logging every bite you eat look it over to see if things have begun to sneak in that you didn't allow earlier on.

If these things are in order there are a couple of things you can do along with waiting it out. The first would be to switch out your exercise routine. If you do cardio switch to weight training for a while, etc.

If you are carb sensitive try lowering them for a couple of weeks. If I get stuck I go back to dense protein and veggies and the scale will begin to move after a while. If you are not one who is carb sensitive this probably won't work.

You may well need a tiny fill. If you are eating dense protein and feel actual hunger pains sooner than 3 or so hours you might want to make an appointment to see about one. The amount you have in your band isn't as important as how you feel. I only have 3.5cc in my 10cc band and it is enough for me, others need much more. Can you eat most things without trouble? Check with your surgeon.

Good luck, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

jules777
on 6/23/11 6:29 am - CA
I am answering your questions in red, I looked on my calendar to answer them and realzied that it has been 3 months that I havent lost any wieght...How much weight have you lost since your last fill? 7 pounds  How quickly are you getting hungry after eating? 2 hours  How much are you eating at each meal? about a cup of food  How many fills have you had? 2 fills    5 Months out and you have lost 40 lbs.  but that is including the 15 lbs I lost before surgery I think you are doing well, but if the fat pad around your stomach has decreased, this will decrease your restriction and you will get hungry sooner than before.  You dont want to over fill your band but you do need enough restriction to allow you to not get hungry for 3 - 4 hours after eating.  I dont want to overfill either but something needs to change, if its me I am willing, but from what I figure I am following the rules.
Rachel412
on 6/23/11 10:19 am
 If you're getting hungry again 2 hours after eating, you definitely need a fill :)
Andrea H.
on 6/23/11 9:19 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13
 I am in the same boat you are in.... I have been stuck at the same weight for two months maybe three.  Its the same stupid number everytime I get on the scale.  I went to see the surgeon for my six month appointment, and he gave me another fill.  I am now at 8cc in band.  So this week I have decided to up my water intake, measure all my portions (honestly I started slacking in that area), and exercising more.  

It really is frustrating!!  

HW 300, SW (Realize Band) 268, Revision to VSG 264

Most Active