I'm approved and surgery is scheduled!

deboralbtn
on 6/24/11 5:11 am - FL
Hello all.  I am fairly new to this site, this time around!  I tried getting approved 5 years ago and kept getting denied by my insurance company.  Then, I had a tragedy happen and could not dealy with the hassle.  I finally decided this year to look into it again.  Started the process in March with my first visit to the surgeon.  Did everything they required and got my approval letter on Monday and scheduled the surgery yesterday for August 17th.  Just wanted to share the good news!

cheynne03
on 6/24/11 5:53 am - West Monroe, LA
Congratulations, It is so exciting when first starting the journey.  I wish you all the best and for a speedy recovery.  Ask lots of questions here and you will get some solid advice before you surgery and you should go into this completely prepared. 

Good luck,

Theresa

S 254/C168/G150   
          "Patience is the companion of wisdom."  St. Augustine

grannymedic1
on 6/24/11 9:18 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Congrats! I am so happy for you. This is an exciting time. The best advice I can give you is to begin practicing the life style you will be living after surgery, now. Increase your movements, add a 5 minute walk in then increase, get in tons of fluids, concentrate on getting in a minimum of 65g of dense protein, and log every bite you eat. Doing these things now will make it easier later. I had about the same amount of time before my surgery and was able to lose 21 lbs. in that time which left me less to deal with post surgery.

Again, congrats, you will love your new life.
Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

cheyenne000
on 6/24/11 11:16 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Congrats ! thats fantastic news The time will fly by

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

jlinnell82
on 6/24/11 1:40 pm - Overland Park, KS
 Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :o)
kruzn70
on 6/25/11 2:13 am
Congratulations!!!  I am 3 weeks post op and thrilled I followed through this time.  This site has a lot of information so come back every day to check them out.  It has also been a great motivation for me to see all the success stories and pictures.
I quit soda and tried to make as many of the changes prior to surgery so that it would be easier post surgery.  I am looking forward to watching your success!!!!   I haven't stopped smiling since I got my Band.

deboralbtn
on 6/27/11 12:42 am - FL
Thank you all!  I'm am thrilled and can't believe this is finally happening.  I know starting now is important instead of eating those "last" meals.  This has been a long time coming!!! 
Most Active