my band sucks

katy
on 6/28/11 9:06 am
This has been the biggest waste time money and effortt. no restriction had huge unfill gained 31 lbs in two month so far and doc and office staff not helpful keep meetiing with nutrition and exercise therapist. i am following the diet and exercise this is a bunch of bs wish i went for the bypass
MARIA F.
on 6/28/11 9:18 am - Athens, GA

Yeah I'm out a lot of money from my CRAP BAND as well!!! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Lisaizme
on 6/28/11 9:22 am - TX
Why did you have an unfill?  If you were unfilled for a specific reason, has it been long enough you can get some fluid put back in?

If you feel your doc & staff are not responding to your needs, could you find a new doctor?

I understand being frustrated, but might as well try to work with what you have.  I'm NOT saying you're not trying.. just maybe the people you have helping you aren't giving you the right KIND of help.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

vlp1968
on 6/28/11 9:50 am
On June 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM Pacific Time, Lisaizme wrote:
Why did you have an unfill?  If you were unfilled for a specific reason, has it been long enough you can get some fluid put back in?

If you feel your doc & staff are not responding to your needs, could you find a new doctor?

I understand being frustrated, but might as well try to work with what you have.  I'm NOT saying you're not trying.. just maybe the people you have helping you aren't giving you the right KIND of help.

Very well said Lisaizme!

Nic M
on 6/28/11 9:29 am
What was the reason for the huge unfill? If your band isn't properly placed, it can cause it to work less efficiently or not at all.

Have you had a fluoroscopy Xray to determine if there's a problem, by any chance?

I had the band for a couple of years, too, and was incredibly unhappy with it, mostly due to complications, not weight loss issues, though.

Good luck, Katy. I hope you can make it work for you or revise to a surgery that will be more helpful.

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

sandraleanne
on 6/28/11 9:39 am - TX
I know that the band is a tool its not a fixit fast weight loss..it doesnt work for everyone fast as people think.... I wish u the best of luck

MARIA F.
on 6/29/11 7:59 am - Athens, GA
On June 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM Pacific Time, sandraleanne wrote:
I know that the band is a tool its not a fixit fast weight loss..it doesnt work for everyone fast as people think.... I wish u the best of luck

~it doesnt work for everyone fast as people think~

Well the problem is............IT DOEN'T WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE AT ALL!!! Most have realistic expectations about how the band should work. However the band does NOT work as advertised for a LOT of bandsters!!!

Hope your one of the lucky ones!

FormerlyFluffy.com

mary101678
on 7/1/11 1:17 pm - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
Maria:
So true!

Bette B.
on 6/28/11 9:42 am, edited 6/28/11 9:43 am
 doc and office staff not helpful

Why are you letting them get away with it? You should remember that THEY work for YOU. YOU pay them. Firmly remind them of that and of the fact that you all need to work TOGETHER to make your band work.

SORRY! Read too fast and missed the unfill part. Duh!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 9:46 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM Pacific Time, katy wrote:
This has been the biggest waste time money and effortt. no restriction had huge unfill gained 31 lbs in two month so far and doc and office staff not helpful keep meetiing with nutrition and exercise therapist. i am following the diet and exercise this is a bunch of bs wish i went for the bypass
How did you gain 31 lbs in two months while still following  your diet and exercise plan ?
Most Active