I'm obsessing...help please!!

toni_15012
on 6/28/11 2:08 pm - Belle Vernon, PA
I had a small unfill recently because my band was too tight, and I was having issues getting most food down. Anyway, I have been feeling very little to no 'restriction' but have been feeling satisfied which I realize is the point. I read that article that somene posted on the board the other day and it really made sense. So, anyway, that is great, right?!!! Of course it is. HOWEVER, I'm scared that eating 6-8oz of food at a meal is bad even though my food choices are better. When my band was too tight, I have to admit I was not eating the healthiest food 'cause healthy food was difficult to get through the too tight band. So, when I say 6-8oz of food, I'm talking a 4oz piece of chicken (skinless, boneless, not breaded obviously) with veggies. Stuff like that. Please make me stop obsessing cause I keep seeing people say you should only eat 4oz or whatever.

Am I eating too much? I have to say I feel amazing. I finally have energy again and have started exercising again cause I feel like I have energy for it. I took several weeks off because of the band issue and not feeling up to it. I have also gained like a pound because I'm eating again...I was on liquids for several days then mushies for a few days and so I think I lost weight then and have gained back only because of that. I have hid my scale for now and will only be weighing myself once a week, too, cause I know that's part of my obsession.

Anyway, HELP!!!!!

Lap-Band 3/26/10; Revision to gastric bypass 5/19/17; CW:220; GW:140

Bette B.
on 6/28/11 2:25 pm
 Okay.
STOP OBSESSING!!!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

toni_15012
on 6/28/11 2:32 pm - Belle Vernon, PA
Thanks. Insert eye roll. LOL. I know. I just needed reassurance.

Bette B.
on 6/28/11 2:37 pm
 Just look at that skinny broad in your avi?Is that you? Is that skinny thing YOU? Now, stop obsessing. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

vlp1968
on 6/28/11 7:01 pm
Sounds like you are doing geat. When I was loosing I ate like you describe, about 4oz of a protien and veggies. Also like you I had to have a couple of unfills. I then experienced restriction for a couple weeks or a month, then I was hungry again. Keep up the good work. That's awsome your excersising, it's a huge piece of the puzzle. Good luck!
sesmith
on 6/28/11 10:09 pm
 A little obsession isn't bad. In time, you will relax. Being too tight is very stressful. 
Lisaizme
on 6/28/11 10:28 pm - TX
You sound like you are eating right...  2 years ago when I was banded my doctor said 3 to 4oz of protein and 1/2 cup of veggies.  Now he has changed it to 1 cup of food. 

I cut up my protein the other day and measured it, it was 1/2 cup.. so with my veggies I'm right at 1cup.

Also remember volume is different than weight.  I read somewhere we are better off going by volume.

Do NOT worry about a 1lb increase on the scale.  That could be anything from water to muscle gain to fluctuations in the earth's gravity (j/k).  Scales are only ONE measure of how we're doing.  

If you're eating healthier, having more energy and clothes are still fitting like they should or even getting looser.. you're on the right track.

4oz of food is maybe ok for the immediate post-op period, but for most average women, it's not enough. 

You are doing well.  Don't worry.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

toni_15012
on 6/29/11 12:42 am - Belle Vernon, PA

You guys are amazing. Thank you for the support and help. I just needed perspective.

You guys ready for this: I am OFFICIALLY done obsessing!!!!!!!

And Bald Bette: 2 things...1) that is me in my avatar, and 2) thank you for calling me skinny. I officially love you now :) LOL

rach2847
on 6/29/11 4:30 am
You are dong great!! And the picture she posted is really her...I work with Toni.
Most Active