3 wks post-op BOB & 1st Fill Scheduled for Tuesday

heathercross
on 7/13/11 11:27 pm - New York, NY
Hi Everyone. I had my Band done on 6/23 and I am 3 wks post-op today. I have lost about 21lbs (12 on the 2 wk liquid pre-diet) and 9 since. At 3 wks out from the RNY, I think I was down like 30 or 40lbs but I know this is slower, more like a diet at 1-2 lbs per week and I AM GOOD WITH THAT! But, where is my 1-2lbs this week???

I started "real" food Monday and I havent lost anything for about 10 days. I know I am not eating enough and I know I need to eat more. Since I've been through this before with the RNY back in 2002, I know that not eating enough will cause you to either not lose of gain a few ounces. I'm just NOT hungry. I haven't felt this in a really long time, probably since 2008 when I believe my RNY started to fail me or me it. My goal is 60-80 grams of protein a day but its been tough bc I get so full so fast. I've been doing 2-3 Carnation SF shakes per day and 3 small meals. Usually egg beaters for breakfast, turkey/cheese roll-ups for lunch and dinner some kind of protein and/or soup. I've also been ealking about 2-4 miles each day and looking forward to going back to the gym soon. I think the biggest issue for the lack of weight loss is that I am SOOOOOOO constipated. Yesterday, I had a 5 hour conference call and I sat on the toliet for 2 of those 5 hours 'trying' to go (I work from home). Laptop resting on the sink/tub and listening/watching. Don't laugh Oh, and secretly, I blame the bandster on here u gave me the ricotta bake receipe as I ate that 24/7 in pureed stage and as we all know, cheese stops you up!

Today I am in Boston for 2 days on business and I worry bc I really need/want to go and I know its going to be seafood 24/7. I think I will stick to scallope and crab and WINE. Also, I experienced my first "fullness" "tightness" this morning on Amtrak when I ate 2 bites too many or some eggs/sausage. I got very tight, very acidy in my throat and had to drink a little tea to get it down. I didnt throw up, but, I don't want to expeirence that again.

Thanks for listening, any suggestions, please send them.

cristie2000
on 7/14/11 3:26 am
 Sounds like you are doing great!  I hope the constipation passes.  I do not think I would be very productive working from the stool! LOL  I am always a little tight in the morning.  That is the reason I fore go breakfast and just do a protein shake.  It is quick and easy anyways.  I also had a weight loss stall when I switched to food.  It took a little while for me to start losing again.  I think my body was in shock and I wasn't getting enough calories in.  Over time the hunger returned and I was able to eat more.  When that happened, I began to lose again.  After my fill, I also kept losing because I wasn't able to eat more than I needed.  I wish you luck!  You are going a great job it sounds like!
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

MurphysMom
on 7/14/11 9:29 am - CA
I found Vita-Fusion fiber gummies that help as well as fiber sprinkles from Netrition.com.  I also use Benefiber packettes for the "stool" problem.  I had that same problem.  It's miserable, I know.
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
looking4hope
on 7/14/11 11:52 am
You are doing great!!!
I haven't lost in a few weeks it is normal. My doc actually said he didn't expect me to lose anymore weight until my first fill on July 25 or 26. I am just starting to get hungry.
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Most Active