Getting rid of the junk!

vlp1968
on 4/23/12 6:17 am
I have packed up all the junk food in the house.  1 bag is going to my friend, for her kids.  The other stuff- that her kids don't eat will go to my trainer in the morning.  Whether she wants it or not, I am sure she will be glad to take it off my hands.  This feels like a huge step.  I am finally ready to get back on the wagon.  I was using buy one get one free sales as an excuse to buy junk.  I would tell myself I was only going to have a little, once in a while.  Well 40 frieken pounds later...  I can't believe I let it get that bad. 
I plan to loose 15 pounds and see where I am at.  I have been told by several people I got to thin, and looking back at pics they have a point.  Also,  I am very concerned because I already had a TT.  I did that 3 months after reaching goal.  Big mistake.  I should have waited at least another 6 months and worked on maintainance, or at least realized I needed a more realistic goal.  I am really worried the regain and then loosing some will affect the results of the TT.  What will be will be I guess.  I am using skin firming cream, figure that can't hurt. 
Oh yeah- I am going to stop drinking too.  I like my wine.  It is full of calories, reduces inhibitions and made me hungry.  I feel like I will never loose, and then maintain if I don't stop drinking.  I have been through an out patient program in the past.  I know I should seek help again but haven't been able to do actually do it.  Not quite sure why.  Things I learned are coming back to me.  Thanks for listening!
justjudy
on 4/23/12 6:58 am - Canton, MI
Good job.  I am with you on these efforts.  In addition, I am going to stop going tp drive thru windows for dinner.  I don't know when I started that bad habit, but it stops today.

Judy

michele1
on 4/23/12 8:21 am
Revision on 07/07/15

You brave Woman...that is a huge step congratulations!!!!!!   I wish I could do that...I told my husband to keep his junk out of the house but he still brings it in........so I starting buying stuff I don't like to eat for him and my teenage boys....I think he is subconsciously trying to sabotage me lol........ after all you wouldn't stock the cupboards with crack in a crack house...why with a food addict?

I am with you on the wine........my weigh****chers leader used to call it the "what the hell effect" lol......

Awesome job!!!

Michele

vlp1968
on 4/23/12 9:04 am
yes wine deff. gives me the what the hell effect lol. Thanks for the encouragement. I feel like I have been totally sabatoging myself- still haven't figured out why. But regardless of the reason, it stops today! I live alone so there really is absolutely no reason to have food in the house that is not on my eating plan- BOGO or not.
MARIA F.
on 4/23/12 9:46 am - Athens, GA

That is one thing that helps me the most, not bringing it in the house if it shouldn't be. Now that being said...............BOGO? On Sale? Oh hell yeah! I use that as an excuse. Like the half price Easter candy on Mon., lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

crystal M.
on 4/23/12 9:59 pm, edited 4/24/12 3:46 am - Joliet, IL
We all have our demons.  When I put my foot down it was fast food.  I am a fast food junkie.  I don't do any fast food.   Not say I never have a burger.  But when I want to have a burger I make myself a turkey burger.  You should have some alternatives for your self so when your will is weak you have something you can turn to that isn't going to blow your new life style. 
vlp1968
on 4/24/12 1:10 am
Fast food used to be my downfall.  Then I got into the BOGO and ate that stuff instead.  Also instead of going out or ordering pizza.  I was telling myself I was saving money.  The junk went to my friend and my trainer.  Done and done!
Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 1:09 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
It's great you are taking back control!

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

goldermary
on 4/29/12 2:57 pm

Hi everyone, I  just came across this forum and this topic and been reading some of the posts.

vip1968 you are doing the right thing to chuck out all the junk foods and sugar laden items in your food store. I always say - "If possible remove the temptation as far away as you can so its hard to go and get it back".

My son had LAP BAND surgery nearly 3 years ago and I have lost more weight through worry than he has in all that time.

To start with the dietician told him his current diet and eating habits were OK and to continue as he was.

So he did, BUT after a 1.5hr drive home from work he has an evening meal at 9.00pm - just before going to bed. He also likes going into Maccas and Hungery Jack + KFC. He drinks gallons of coke (he says the Max one is OK to drink!) and does very little exercise.

You seem to have the right attitude 'cos YOU MUST CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE AND EATING HABITS FOREVER TO GET THE LONG TERM BENEFITS.

Sorry for shouting but its out of frustration. My son has high blood pressure, sleep apnoa, type2 diebeties, no energy.

Yes I worry about him at about 200kg and dread getting a all from his wife with 'bad news'.

So I hope that your efforts have been worthwhile and you have reached or are close to your goal weight.

I hope this contribution helps.

Mary

Most Active