Almost 2 years out----HELP

Bellasarrah
on 11/9/12 5:10 am - NY

Feb 15th 2013 will be my 2nd bandiversary... I have lost 70lbs....but I feel like I may  have gained about 10 of it back. I went on line and ordered a portable exercise bike it should arrive on the 20th.... I like to snack that I do admit...what are some good filling snacks...I like crunchy things and have nothing against veggies...also  I am looking forward to riding my exercise bike cause its something I can do and watch tv while doing it. I have ankle issues I had surgery in June and have been wearing this cam boot since July hopefully next month it will come off. Any ideas would be great on how I can jumpstart back into loosing I would love to hit to 100lbs make by my bandiversary....thanks

prek-3
on 11/9/12 5:57 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Bella!
Congratulations.! 70 pounds is awesome!!!
I am 5 years out this past oct.

I am hosting a Commit to be Fit post here on the lapband board.
You can determine how many minutes you can dedicate to exercise for the week, it helps for accountability ! We just started this past Monday and we post every Friday. If you. An committ to 30 minutes 4 or 5 x a week that's great!

Also journaling your foods helps a lot! Jean usually has a post everyday asking about what you Ate for the day. It allows you to be honest and you get to see what other people are eating and can give you ideas if you are in a rut!

Can you go swimming? Don't know where you live , but there are places with indoor pools. I go about once a week, and the instructor gives a great workout, you don't sweat, but you feel yourself working hard! Great cause it's gentle on the joints.

Biking is great of course too. You can get a trainer if it's in your Budget $$$. I use a trainer, and anytime I have had a strain or injury she knows how to do my exercise in another manner. And I have had tennis elbow and knee issues. Using resistant bands in place of weights too !

Anyway I hope I have given you some ideas . Again. You are welcome to join us , just look for the "commit to be fit" post.

Good luck,
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Hislady
on 11/9/12 8:09 am - Vancouver, WA

If you like crunchy things you can take parmesan shredded cheese and melt it either in the micro wave or a regular oven. Just put a little pile on parchment paper on a baking pan and then pop in the oven to melt. Or just put the parchment paper on a plate and use the micro wave. Time kind depends on your equipment but just keep a close eye on them because it doesn't take long. Let them cool and you have a crunchy little cracker.

vlp1968
on 11/10/12 12:13 am

I like to snack on nuts- in moderation.  They have significant fat (healthy ones though) and calories.  I eat 1/4c almost every day.  I find them very satisfying.  Low fat cheese is also a favorite snack of mine.  I hope you enjoy the bike!

Most Active