New he

razzberryb
on 1/2/13 12:04 am

Good morning everyone. I am new here and hoping to get banded on the 24th. Looking for people to connect with and for support. If anyone is interested in friending me that would be great. I'm 40 and tired of being fat. Looking to keep up with my kids and get healthy again

cryspyx
on 1/2/13 1:40 am - Hartford, CT

welcome and good luck on your lifestyle change :)

prek-3
on 1/2/13 2:27 am - Hollywood, FL

Welcome!

I am 5 years out and sooooo happy with my healthy self! You will find yourself saying, "gosh I wish I had done this sooner! "

in the mean time while you are waiting around, get moving!!!!!! Start by walking, you dont have to wait until surgery to get prepared for your WLS.

Get those protein drinks ready (start sampling them now)

-eliminate any carbonated drinks

- and work on chewying your food throughly!!!!

Again, welcome,

prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

grannymedic1
on 1/2/13 2:56 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Welcome! Please ask questions, we welcome them. Also, find out what the true losers have done and what those who failed to lose or regained have done. It really helped me in the early days. By the time I got my band I had already been attending support group meetings, been on this board and learned a ton. Unless a surgical practice only does bands their patient education will be slanted toward other wls. That is why these things are important.

BTW, I am nearly 63, now, and was 60 when I got my band. My comorbidities all disappeared within the first months and all the fun things we hope to happen did.

I wish you well on your journey.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

cheyenne000
on 1/2/13 12:17 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Welcome

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Kate -True Brit
on 1/4/13 6:26 pm - UK

Welcome! You will read the good, the bad and the ugly on here! Read it all! Take note of it all! That way you will not only learn the tricks for success but also how to minimise risk and how to look out for early signs of problems.

My band gave me back my quality of life.

Kate.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active