PS info from Lap MGB Sista! LOL

IowaHouseFlipper
on 2/15/07 11:48 pm - Belle Plaine, IA
This is a cross-post here and on the PS Forums (sorry). It's all about updates for a PS in Brazil. Please do not waste your time reading this if this isn't your "Cup of Tea", LOL Peggy Dr. Andre has been emailing several people but he CC's a letter yesterday that he wrote to a lady named Daniela. In this email he talked again about his cost for the LBL (and others). He originally stated that he does the LBL/Beltlipectomy for $3000-USD. That still hold true but there's more. For those that are unaware of him, his credentials are as good as they come. The surgical facilities are (from what I can tell) "TOP Notch". What I did not know is that the Hospital Fees are seperate from the $3000 that he charges. He said in his email that the Hospital is between $1000-$1500 for Lipo then Breast Lift and/or Adominoplasty is $1500-$2000. Sounds bad?? Not really! In Vitoria or in Sao Paulo, Abdominoplast/LBL costs $3750-$4200 depending on the amount of work, the doctor choosen, and the facility the work is done in. The price quotes for Vitoria however, includes the Hospital Fees BUT........you "must" hire Concierge when traveling to Vitoria. I will never hire Concierge again but I would NOT recommend that other persons go there without Concierge. That's a long explaination and I'll pass (for now) on elaborating about my feelings on traveling alone. Anyway........when you consider that Concierge Fees are about $250-$350 USD per patient per week, that can add up quickly. If you do the Math. you're going to need 3 weeks to recover from the LBL (according to Concierge in Vitoria) and $300 x's 3, is roughly $900 USD right? If you go to Rio, to Dr. Maranhao, $3000 + $1500 is $4,500 USD. If you go to Vitoria, to Dr. Fabio, $4200 USD is nearly the same. People also need to know that the extra flight between Rio or Sao Paulo is another $300 USD, the layover plus the flight time can be anywhere from 2 1/2 hours up to 6-7 hours (IME). The Hotels in Vitoria are about $90 per nite (Pasargada) where Hotels in Rio are about $50. Anyway, I think a person can nickle dime their decisions to death! I'm not attempting to "bash" Dr. Fabio/Vitoria or Dr. Maranhao/Rio for their prices or how they charge, etc. I'm only attempting to be as honest as I can about what I know, SINCE.....so many people write me every day asking me. I feel it ownly fair to also bring up training differences that I know of. Although I have never been to Dr. Maranhao personally, I DO feel (based on my experiences) that he is well worth checking into. Dr. Maranhao IS the "ONLY" Plastic Surgeon that I am aware of (currently) that has "ALL" the 'industry standards' that any one Plastic Surgeon can have. My recommendation to anyone who is reading this and who may or may not be considering Brazil as an option. I think if you're considering Brazil, the USA, C. R. or anywhere....., DO take your time, do your homework, and make sure you ask as many questions as it takes to ensure your confidence about any decision for surgery (PS or WLS). I personally think that mental attitude plays a very important part in a persons total outcome and healing abilities. Not ALL, but a good part. Enough of my lectures, lol (sorry). I'm just trying to be honest, open, and to give people things to thing about before they decide. Hope I've helped some folks? Best Wishes, Peggy [email protected] 

Peggy R.
"43" Procedures, Brazil

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 902 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1236 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2053 views