Scared to death but need surgery

AZgirl520
on 4/30/13 3:46 pm
Im scared to die while having the operation. I am opting to have the Mini Gastric bypass. I'm at my highest weight ever 270 and I'm 5,8. If anyone doctors or those like me that went through the surgery can advise me please do so.

K
karpak
on 5/5/13 3:55 am - Canada

Arn't you scared of dying of a heart attack???? thats how i looked at it, I was 305 at my highest...i am 5'8 also, i just had my surgery on tuesday, I like u was scared of that as well, but I new if i did't do something I would die anyway because I just couldn't loose the weight myself no matter what I tried!!!! Gook luck to you

May9999
on 5/8/13 11:48 am
Aw, I was in the same boat, extremely scared! But now looking back at it I wish I could have told my self that there really was nothing to fear. There is a doctor whose only job is to monitor your brain activity and breathing. Don't let this fear stop you from going through with a procedure that could change your life for the better. I personally woke up from my surgery as if I woke up from a nap, no pain at all and actually very relaxed! I know that is not the case for everyone but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck! Don't hesitate if you have any questions
rohanpinto31
on 6/4/13 4:36 pm

what you are going through is normal .dont worry just be relaxed trust your doctor because it is very important for you to maintain your blood pressure before the surgery .

Most Active
Recent Topics
MGP in Ontario
NAP2013 · 2 replies · 916 views
New to this
Grammy1976 · 0 replies · 1248 views
Pre-op diet
LovelyBeck · 0 replies · 2065 views