update

highlandbear
on 4/11/11 10:44 am - Canada
I was suppose to see the surgeon today at St. Joes. Not .  Yes I did see someone but not the surgeon like I was told. Left with no real answers. He did tell me that scope showed that it was inflamed and irritated.  I asked him what would cause that and he says it could be acid in my stomach.  He does not believe it is the candy cane because he says I have had no problems since 2009 when I had the surgery. I told him I have had many problems they took it as gall bladder removed it and I am still having problems. He just looked and said it was probably your gall bladder.  He gave me a prescription to get filled and come back in a few weeks to see how I am feeling. Went to take the prescription in tonight could not get it filled since they did not put my name on the stupid thing. Now I have to wait for them to get a hold of him to say yes that was made out for me. I do not believe this. I am so tired of feeling sick. Yesterday I had the pains in my stomach. I have a feeling I am in for fight for my life. I am not going to live this way.  I am so tired of having problems filling prescriptions. Last time when I just came out of hospital they would not fill it because they could not read the doc signature. I told them that there is a label on it with two doc name on it would that not count and they said no and made me wait.  Between drug stores and doctors I am tired  Hoping things improve soon.
barb
Marny B.
on 4/11/11 10:48 am - Canada

Sheesh, Barb.  I really hope you find some answers soon, and that all this works out for you.  Feel better soon!  Thinking about ya!

~Marny

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Jennifer D.
on 4/11/11 11:20 am
Even though I did not get my full surgery, being rid of the candy cane is the best feeling ever. I am not feeling sick all the time, after 8 years it's wonderful. I hope that your doctors recognize your problem and work to fix it.
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
highlandbear
on 4/12/11 7:22 am - Canada
I sure do hope it does not take 8 years to get this fixed
AllaP
on 4/11/11 11:29 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Why don't you get second opinion in a different hospital?
StevesGal
on 4/11/11 11:31 am - Hamilton, Canada
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Barb.  Missed you at the last couple of coffee nights.  Hope you get better soon.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

highlandbear
on 4/12/11 7:24 am - Canada
lol i have not missed coffee nights. I have been there.
Eileen C.
on 4/11/11 11:46 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Barb

So sorry to hear of all your problems and  I hear your frustrations, it must be very upsetting to go through all of this and not have a good answer.

My thoughts and prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery to all your issues

Take care,  sending you healing vibes and warm hugs

Eileen  
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
drgnflysmith
on 4/11/11 2:39 pm
Barb,
I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling better!  Hang in there! I am thinking of you, and will call soon :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 9:59 pm - Canada
Jeeze, sounds a lot like my experiences in February.  The internist in the ER confirmed that I tested positive for h pylori prior to my surgery and should have been treated and the bariatric team denying it...

One doc (in the ER) telling you it's something and the bariatric doc telling you it's something else.  My suggestion is you bite the bullet and request your medical records so you can see for yourself - yes this costs money but...it's your health.

Then once you are properly armed you have something to go back at them with.  If there is any further confusion, you have the info and test results to go for a second opinion at that point...
Most Active
Recent Topics