Surgery

highlandbear
on 7/6/11 7:57 am - Canada
Well I wish I could say that surgery went great and I no longer have Candy Cane sydrome but I can't. Arrived at the hospital for 1 like I was told and surgery was for 4. At 3 I heard he was an hour behind. 5:20 comes and the Doc comes out and says sorry he will not be doing it today. Will call when it can be rebooked. Here I was hoping that my nightmare would be ending and no luck. Each day is getting harder to eat.  Tired of feeling so sick all the time. Who knows now when it will happen.  right now Oatmeal seems to be the only thing I can get into me. I make it real runny and let it slide down.  My head is pounding right now and I am real down. Thanks for all your wishes today. I will let you know the date when Ifind out.
sharmc
on 7/6/11 8:11 am - Canada
 oh I'm so sorry to hear you were bumped!!! So frustrating when you are in pain and know there is a solution! Hopefully they get back to you soon and you get some relief!

divagod
on 7/6/11 8:47 am - Walford, Canada
I'll be keeping you in my prayers that you get a date real soon!!
Referral ~ Feb 2011
Orientation ~ July 14, 2011 @ TWH  
Nurse Practitioner ~ September 28, 2011 / Social Worker ~ September 28, 2011
Sleep Study #1 ~ November 24, 2011 / Sleep Study #2 ~ December 13, 2011
Nut Class ~ December 14, 2011
Sleep Study Results ~ January 13, 2012
Internal Medicine ~ January 24, 2012
Diet & Psyh & Sleep follow up ~ Feburary 9, 2012
Meeting with Surgeon ~ May 25, 2012 / Pre Op ~ June 8, 2012
Surgery!! ~ July 3, 2012
Radiogirl39
on 7/6/11 9:31 am - Canada
Ok, first, what is Candy Cane syndrome?  And now can  they send you home when you can't eat anything?! Hope you get rebooked soon.

Julie 
highlandbear
on 7/7/11 1:59 am - Canada
Candy Cane syndrome is a blind loop that is left. I would google it and read about it. Most surgeons cut the piece off but my surgeon left the piece. Instead of food going down to the pouch it goes into this hook and makes a person feel sick when they eat or drink. Not a fun thing to live with. It has been a long haul for me and I thought the nightmare whould end yesterday but no such luck
northernlight
on 7/6/11 11:36 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I'm so very sorry to hear that you had such a terrible change of plans - I can only imagine how devastated you are feeling right now.  I find it so hard to understand why you must continue to wait and wait for your surgery to collect your Candy Cane syndrome. To me, it seems as though it would be classified as a priority surgical procedure, given how your life is affected by it.  Give in to your disappointment and let yourself cry or yell or punch the pillow - whatever helps you to cope with this situation. I will say a prayer that you get a call asap to reschedule your surgery.

Deb

highlandbear
on 7/7/11 2:08 am - Canada
Thanks for your prayer.  I am still in shoced that it did not happen.  It seems like they just don't care.  What makes me real mad is because it is not a by pass surgery that the surgeons can not get operating time for it.  They are there for by pass and that is more important.  To me this is crap since this is because of by pass surgery that I am having this problem. It is only an hour operation and day surgery so to me just do it and let me get back to a normal life. Sorry for going on just angry.
Joy D.
on 7/6/11 11:58 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Oh Barb, 

I'm so sry you were sent home without ur surgery, i wish you all the best and soon the hospital calls with a new booking date for you, hang in there you so very  close to having this issue resolved,

Joy
magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

highlandbear
on 7/7/11 2:09 am - Canada
I was very close to having this issue solved but who knows now how long
Karen M.
on 7/6/11 10:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Oh Barb!  I am SO sorry to hear this!  Here's hoping for a new date extremely soon.  Hang in there. xoxo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics