Home

highlandbear
on 7/14/11 9:30 am - Canada
I have made it back home. They did the surgery at 8 and they let me leave around 2. No more candy cane. Thank God. pain is real bad. It is almost as bad as having the RNY surgery. Liquids only for today soft food tomorrow than it is regular food. Right now pretty shakey and can not keep eyes open so I am off to bed again. Feel pretty sick.
Barb
KristieA
on 7/14/11 9:36 am - Orillia, Canada
Hope you feel better soon. I am sure you are glad it is over.

Speedy recovery,

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Tanya T.
on 7/14/11 9:37 am
Feel better soon!!!  Get lots of rest!

Tanya

BrigitteD
on 7/14/11 9:44 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Get well soon!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Nathalie_Can
on 7/14/11 10:12 am

You poor thing...I hope you feel better sooner than later!!!

What kind of surgery did you have?

~Nathalie~

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 3:41 am - Canada
Barb had a rare side effect of gastric bypas called "candy cane syndrome."

It's where the intestine hooked up to the smaller stomach curves upon exiting the stomach, creating a sharp turn which prevents food from travelling out of the stomach into the intestine.  It can cause blockages and cause a great deal of gastric distress.

Prior to her surgery, she was only able to get liquids and soft foods (almost 2.5 years post surgery) into her with a great deal of difficulty and was down to barely over 120lbs and essentially felt crappy every day.

I called her today (see new topic) and had a brief chat with her.
sam1am
on 7/14/11 11:56 am
Sorry you're having a rough time, Barb!  Hopefully you will have a fast recovery and will be feeling much better soon.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Karen M.
on 7/14/11 12:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada
So glad to hear things went as planned today!  Rest up and feel better. xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

northernlight
on 7/14/11 1:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Glad to hear it went through today as planned Barb and sorry you're feeling so rough right now. I hope that a good night's sleep in your familiar surroundings will help you to feel a bit better tomorrow. Take care of yourself & just think of how wonderful it will be to no longer have to suffer like you have been. From now on, the only candy cane in your life will be the kind you see at Christmas!!!!!  

Deb

HRBypass
on 7/14/11 1:45 pm
Sending positive vibes your way, Barb. I hope you feel better soon. Soak up that rest!
Amanda     I 1.5 Years Out     180+lbs Lost     Goal Reached +!  I
Most Active
Recent Topics