2 years today

highlandbear
on 11/11/11 6:06 am - Canada
I went and changed my life for ever. I went and had RNY done and I am so thankful  to the people who supported me while I went through this and very thankful to the doctor who suggested that I go for it and sent the papers in. This operation is such a life changing experience and I always say it is one that you must be ready to make. It is not a magic pill but a tool that you must work with and follow the rules. If you do than the results are great. I get asked many times if I have any regrets and the answer is yes and only one and that is I wish I had it done years ago. Even when I was ill from the surgery I still did not regret it because I knew that they would figure it out and they did.  I have been told how much I have changed and when you have this operation there is going to be changes in you. I believe that the person I am becoming has always been deep inside me and now I have the confidence to allow myself to become that person. I walk now standing up straight and tall. I no longer hate clothes shopping because I know most time I will find something to buy. Sometimes I now have the problem not finding it small enough. Can not win. I am in the gym almost everyday where as before there was no way I would go to the gym to embarrass to go. When ever I watched a triathlon on TV I always wished I could do it. Well this summer I made the dream come true not just once but twice. This last Sunday I ran my first 1/2 marathon in 2:30:56. What a high that was considering 2 years ago I could not walk a block without running into breathing problems. I always liked sports but now instead of being a watcher I am taking part.  I know I have a few friends that are not happy with the new me but I am OK with that. I ask myself if they are truly my friend and the answer is no. If people are not happy with the new you than leave them do not let them bring you down. I have met so many new people since the surgery and they are great people. I will always look up to Karen and she knows that. I know I am looking up to someone that was and still successful after all these years. I want to be successful in the years to come and not just today. Know that this is long but for all of you just starting out this dream can be yours to reach and work it and will be.
sharmc
on 11/11/11 6:10 am - Canada
 Congratulations on your 2nd year surgervisary!!! You are a true inspiration to us all!!   

TraceyM45
on 11/11/11 6:19 am
Congratulations on your surgiversary, the changes you have made and the decision to be who you are.

All the best,

Tracey

JJ_
on 11/11/11 6:24 am
Thank you for sharing your perspective.  It is like a ray of hope for those of us to follow.

Judy
StevesGal
on 11/11/11 6:44 am - Hamilton, Canada

Congrats, Barb.  I'm looking up to you as an inspiration now!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Toni B.
on 11/11/11 7:06 am - Sudbury, Ontario
RNY on 01/19/12
Congratulations and thank you so much for posting this... it is inspirational and reaffirming.

Toni..."Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it"
 www.fatgirlchangingherworld.com Twitter:@fatgirlchanging
   Surgery JAN. 19th, 2012 Down 120 lbs & 75 inches @ my last Weigh in!!!!  
Fat Girl Changing her World

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Brenda T.
on 11/11/11 7:29 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Happy surgeversary!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

aprilbennett1965
on 11/11/11 7:41 am - Canada
WOW, a huge congrats on your success! As a poster below said...this post truly is an inspiration to all of us out there waiting to take a spot on the bench
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

sam1am
on 11/11/11 9:06 am
 Awesome post Barb, congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

TBIYTC
on 11/11/11 11:30 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Happy surgiversary Barb, and congrats on your 1/2 marathon!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics