Nerves

mz_campbell
on 12/1/11 3:08 am
Ok so my fears are setting in now my surgery is dec 5th and I'm starting to get nervous.  I know this is the best thing for me but for some people who don't know my past, it took me 2 years to study and make this decision for a hole lot of reasons , 13 years ago my grandmother had gastric bypass and had complications went into a coma, her heart stopped she was airlifted to Toronto and almost died ( im not trying to discourage anyone at all ) she is ok threw alot of surgeries and struggles it was really hard for me and my mother. I know things were different then and now there is barely anything wrong but as I come closer to that day it terrifies me to think I would go threw that or put my family threw that I know everything will be fine its just i can't get that out of my mind I know my mom is so stressed I'm just getting my feelings out there I'm %100 sure this is the right decision today has just been a emotional day p.s my grandmother told me she thinks I have to have this surgery and thinks everything will be well :(  
Monica M.
on 12/1/11 3:12 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It is sooooooo understandable that you're nervous. Things have changed, even in the 13 years since your grandmother had surgery. But remember, like you said, that most people don't have complications.

Just keep breathing, keep thinking of all the reasons why you want to have this surgery. It's very important that yoru mom is being supportive like she is. That's awesome.

Best of luck, lots of positive energy coming your way. Hugs.

Mon

mz_campbell
on 12/1/11 3:22 am
Thank you so much this has definitely been a emotional roller coaster I am so excited but so scared also I hate to see my mother stressed and I know she is trying to be so happy but the anxiety is killing her she loves me so much I just feel bad because I can see her stressing out I know things will be fine I'm just so emotional today lol I feel so silly Also I feel like I'm not losing enough on optifast I'm getting 4 shakes in no cheating but I don't feel like I'm losing I haven't weighed myself because I don't want to discourage myself thank u again for the support it means more then u know I'm so grateful for oh you guys are what has been keeping me together thank u
Monica M.
on 12/1/11 3:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Your weight doesnt matter. It matters how well your liver is doing, which you have no outward indication of.

Don't worry about it. Just keep at it, eye on the prize.

Don't stress over your mother stressing, won't help things a bit.

breathe.

Gabygee
on 12/1/11 3:31 am - Canada
We all understand, we were all very nervous going into this, for various reasons (in my case, a heart problem .. other people had other concerns).

My advice:

1) don't stress about losing weight while on OptiFast.
2) have faith in the the system they've worked out - it functions just as it should for 99.9% of us.
3) follow their instructions - they now have good reasons for conducting the process this way
4) believe in yourself. You can do this. The surgeons and the programme can do this.
5) you're in good hands.

Just remember - the rest of your (healthy) life is about to start! This is a wonderufl gift, a great opportunity to start over.

Robin H.
on 12/1/11 3:43 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
I can only imagine how much your nerves are that much more heightened with having experienced that.  You will do great.  We know they way they do things now reduces alot of the risks.  Good luck I will be thinking of you.

Robin

DebbieML
on 12/1/11 4:15 am - Gloucester, Canada
I can totally relate to your fears.  About seven years ago my mother's best friend died after having an open RNY, but there were extenuating cir****tances and most doctors told her that she shouldn't have the surgery, but she did anyways.  My mother wants to be happy for me, but I know that she is real torn up inside.  I am hoping for both our sakes that my surgery date comes sooner than later.

I wish you the best of luck in your surgery.  You have studied this and you know it is what is best for you.  Like everyone says, the nerves are normal.  I am sure you will rock this thing.  BIG HUGS
Debbie
Referal: June 23, 2011;  Info: August 26, 2011;  Dr.: July3, 2012; U/S: July 13, 2012;  Beh/Nut: Aug 13, 2012;  Ed class: Aug 22, 2012;  Scope: Sept 7, 2012;  Met with surgeons fellow: Sept 17, 2012; SURGERY: Nov 16, 2012 with Dr. Mamazza.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/11 5:01 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
You can do this, Moms are supposed to stress when kids go for any type of surgery. Looks like Grandma has the right outlook tho. You've made it this far and your new beginning is just a few days away.

Stay strong and we all look forward to seeing you back here when you feel up to it.

Big hugs for you, Mom and Grandma!!
MrsJButler
on 12/1/11 5:41 am - Canada
your going to do great, we are all here with you! Inbox me your number cause I dont think I have it. Very very excited for u!!
Peel1234
on 12/1/11 8:05 am
Wishing a safe journey and strength through friends.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

Most Active
Recent Topics