need help please!

lexxiblue
on 1/7/12 3:43 am, edited 1/7/12 3:44 am
RNY on 01/11/12
 trying to find sugar free apple sauce... been to 2 stores... and the label says unsweetened until i read the sugar content .. umm 20 g!! what the heck??? and st joe's people... where did you find sugar free apple juice or white grape juice???? they all have a high sugar content. i got low sugar diet cranberry juice. and the gummy vitamins?? i bought some at costco today but not sure if they're compatible with the prenatal i've been told to take. can someone please help me!!!!
Lindsay M.
on 1/7/12 3:53 am - Canada
None of the gummy vitamins are suitable for our vitamin needs. Many dont contain the minerals we also need post op. Jamieson makes a good chewable multivitamin.

-
Referral sent to TWH- Feb 16,2011. Orientation July 12, 2011@ TWH  Nurse Practitioner- Aug 10

Sleep Study- Aug 17 Social Worker- Aug 19.  Nutrition Class- Aug 23   Psychologist-Sept 12   
            Nurtitionist- Sept 14    Surgeon Appt- October 18, 2011  Pre Op- November 3, 2011
                       Surgery
- November 16, 2011        Mollyandboo (Sherri)

Pre-Optifast Weight- 370  CW- 258.4 GW- 190

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 4:05 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
There's no such thing as SF apple sauce.  Apples have natural sugars in them, what you want is the NSA or unsweetened.
mypita58
on 1/7/12 4:06 am - Windsor, Canada
 My doctor had no problem with the gummie vitamins that I take. I do have to take iron supplements. Shopping in the states I am able to find more sugar free selections.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
lexxiblue
on 1/7/12 4:08 am
RNY on 01/11/12
 thanks... i don't have a problem going to the states it's not far from where i am.. vut where do you get your s/f stuff? esp vitamins???
mypita58
on 1/7/12 5:24 am - Windsor, Canada
 Multivites gummies and Power C gummies I get at costco.  Most of the sugar free foods I get at Walmart in Michigan.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Lizzie54
on 1/7/12 4:09 am - Canada
Hi Deb,

I went to Costco and bought a big four pack (28 oz) each of Applesnax - no sugar added applesauce.  The sugar content is 13 g for 2/3 cup.   I think you can also find this in the regular stores.  I still have 3 bottles left, you're welcome to try one of them.

Liz
Liz   

lexxiblue
on 1/7/12 4:14 am
RNY on 01/11/12
Hi Liz
is ok.. thanks.. i gotta go back to costco anyways... i had them in my hand too!! duh... i see this is going to be a whole new learning process!! and so many stuipid questions to ask!
thanks
Deb
StevesGal
on 1/7/12 4:47 am - Hamilton, Canada
Like I say to my kids, there are no stupid questions (usually!).  Since you're asking, chances are someone else wants to know, too.

If you ever want to take a quickie trip over the border on a weekday (Wed or Thurs best for me), let me know.  I'm in!!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

lexxiblue
on 1/7/12 10:41 am
RNY on 01/11/12
hey beth..
thanks ..... i love the new pic and the smiling face... you truly look fabulous!!!  unfortunately i'm not off too often during the week.. but one never knows what i can work out at work! 
take care of you!
deb