Month 7

CdnGal
on 1/11/12 2:00 am - Canada
 Hi everybody, I was just wondering for the vets, what kind of weight loss should I be expecting for month 7?   Everything has been going very slow for the past 2 months and I fear that the rest will never come off!  I am following the rules and doing lots of exercise but to no avail.  Any encouraging words/ advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

Monica M.
on 1/11/12 2:09 am, edited 1/11/12 2:09 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Here is a chart of realistic expectations.

That being said, the farther you get from your surgery day, the more challenging things become.

A few things to consider.
Do you track what you eat?
Do you do the same type of exercise all the time? the body is an efficient machine, it will figure out the most efficient way of doing something, and therefore, over time, if you keep at the same exercise regimen, your body will use fewer calories to do the exercise.

Weight loss is NOT a thing that your body likes to do, you're fighting against the natural survival tendency. The body wants to hang on to fat stores in case of emergencies. So you have to fight against that.

So, shake up your exercise routine. If you've been doing mainly aerobic exercise, add some weight training to that. If you're a walker, try running. Mix it up.

Best of luck.

Most importantly, don't get down on yourself. You've lost a bunch already. It's going to take work to get to goal, but you've gotten this far, you can go all the way.

(also, a new pic would be nice, so we can see how successful you've already been!!!)

Moselle
on 1/11/12 2:14 am - Athens, Canada
Hey Joanne - Remember that everyone is different and you may be building muscle due to all your exercise. Are you tracking inches? Are your clothes fitting differently? How many calories are you eating a day? Are you still journaling your meals?  Are you coming to next weeks meeting?

All I can tell you is that my main exercise is walking and I still managed to lose all the weight I wanted. Just keep the faith, losing slowly is still oh so much better than gaining!

Hugs, Muriel
CanDoItFour
on 1/11/12 7:04 am - Canada
Hi

We all know that everyone is different (and I DO believe that), but I am very sympathetic because I went through the same thing at about months 4 / 5 - so I'm going to ask Monica's question too ... are you tracking your food? 

I was, but not really carefully.  After I realized this and started using FitDay.com I discovered that my carbohydrate intake was closer to 50% of my daily calories than the 33% recommended by TWH - even though I was getting in my minimum 60gms of protein.  So I adjusted this with the help of the FitDay program's analysis, and my weight loss really picked up.  It wasn't easy because it's the carbs that I like, but the results were worth it. 

I still use FitDay religiously, and even decide what I'm going to eat at night based on how well the analysis of my protein / carb / fat balance has been for the day before I make dinner.  I'm learning what works, and it's teaching me a lot about what eating patterns seem to leave me hungry and what ones don't.  In fact, month 11 actually saw an increase in my monthly weight loss over the previous 3.

You're doing great, and definitely making serious headway.  The rules work, so try to be as vigilant as you can.  Good luck

Claire
Surgery @ TWH Feb 11, 2011
HW 348
CW 171

CdnGal
on 1/11/12 9:42 am, edited 1/11/12 9:42 am - Canada
 You know it is funny that you mention tracking your food.  I was at first, but then like you wasn't doing it so religiously.  I will make sure to go back onto fit day tomorrow (if I can remember my log in name!).  How many carbs should I be having a day?  Thanks! Jo. PS I did check with the dietician at my last appointment and she said that what I was eating was fine, but I think that you are right, I need to track track track my food.  It is such a pain in the @&$ though but I will do it.  I nay have this optimum window for such a short amount of time.  Thanks again for the replies, Jo

Most Active
Recent Topics