embarrassing question to ask

alexforest
on 2/20/12 11:33 pm - Canada
This is a very personal and some what embarrassing question to ask but i know this is the right place to ask it, before i see my doctor tomorrow and talk to her about it i wanted to put this out here to see if anyone else is or has experienced this,,, is it normal to have a different color BM , i know we are not eating all the foods we use to and that can make a difference,, but mine is creamy color, i ask because this stuff worries me, my dad and my sister are bowel cancer survivors so whenever something is different down there i freak.
Joyce J.
on 2/20/12 11:38 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Mention it to the Doc, but it is absolutely normal because of what you are eating. Once you start eating regular food and more often you will notice a change

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Brenda T.
on 2/20/12 11:55 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I was told before that lighter color BM is ususally because it passes through the system fast.
Keep in mind I haven't had surgery yet.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 2/20/12 11:56 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

the colour will change, depending on what your intake is like. Mention it to your doctor, just to reassure yourself, but you're probably fine. With your family history, you're very smart to keep an eye on things "down there".

Best of luck.

Mon

msheavyhearted
on 2/21/12 12:07 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I think we're at similar post op stages and I'm experiencing the same thing. Cream/beige stools. I'm not too worried about it. I assume it's all part of the diet change.

Just for a laugh: I dumped on some soup yesterday and ended up with forest green diarrhea. Not quite sure how as the soup was beige. *LOL*

Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Joyce J.
on 2/21/12 12:15 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

From my experience working in Day Care years ago, if you drink anything grape, kool aid, crystal light, that will cause the green color, other than that hmmmm interesting LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

sandyinottawa
on 2/21/12 12:10 am
I wouldn't worry too much but ask your doctor anyway.If nothing else, it will likely reassure you.Years ago,I had an almost white BM.It was so strange and totally freaked me out.I found out that certain foods can cause changes in colour of your BM.More worrisome I think would be blood in the stool.
Mary A.
on 2/21/12 12:16 am
most definatly, different colour, shape, size and smell ALL NORMAL...

as long as you are not constipated....or having to strain to have a bowel movement..it's all fine.~!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Mazey_x
on 2/21/12 12:29 am - Peterborough, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14
It's due to lack of bile.  Just means everything is passing by quickly.  It can happen when you get the flu and stuff too. 
ToNewBeginnings
on 2/21/12 12:31 am
Mine was "caramel" colour for the longest time. I also had a lot of difficulty with bowel movements.
I exercise on a regular basis now and I have increased my fibre intake quite a lot. I am having regular movements and the colour is back to normal. good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics