Ottawa is happy, but I am not...

CdnGal
on 7/30/12 7:04 am, edited 7/30/12 7:06 am - Canada
 So I haven't been on here much lately at all... I have been very busy with work and an currently planning another vacation so that has taken up a lot of my spare time.  Today I am on day 1 of the 5 day pouch test, and t is brutal! I don't think that I have fallen entirely off the wagon, but since I have been at the computer working a great deal more I have not been as vigalinet in my efforts to lose weight.  in fact, I am slowly starting to regain which totally freaks me out and terrifies me!  I worked so hard to lose weight from our last vacation and now it seems that I haven't come off of vacation mode...but at the same time, I am running farther distances and moving faster, so I am not sure what to think.  Afro the past month I haven't ate as many salads, so after the pouch test I will be back on track with that- I can still wear a 2 piece and look good, but it is discouraging when the scale slowly is climbing higher.  that's about it, any suggestions are welcome!
oh yes, when I expressed my concerns at Ottawa they are very happy with my progress and only want me to lose another 15 pounds so I woul be down to 180 does this sound realistic to anybody? I am 5'2

sam1am
on 7/30/12 7:18 am
A lot of centres go by percentage lost etc., so for them maybe 180 constitutes success.  If you are not happy with that, there is no reason you shouldn't try to continue.  I am not a big fan of the pouch test unless you need to "decarb" and it sounds to me like you need a kickstart, so its probably a good time to try it.  

My only suggestion is to review your meals on a tracking device to make sure you are getting enough protein.  I know that I lost best with 30-40 carbs a day or less.  Follow your drinking rules and it sounds like you are already moving.  Back to basics!

All the best! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Megan M.
on 7/30/12 7:23 am - Canada
When was your surgery?  I am one year out, and have been pretty much stalled for the last 4 months - very frustrating.  At my one-year, they were very pleased with my progress and also weren't concerned - I have been holding steady at 176-77 lbs.  Personally, I would like to get down to 160 - I figure I have about 20 lbs of excess skin, so they can cut the last 20 off!  I am also 5'2" and feel that my current weight is still too high, so I hear you loud and clear.  I think it's probably what I am eating, or rather what I am not eating - not enough protein ( I need to add a protein shake each day but never seem to think of it), also, I am probably eating too many bad carbs.  I can pretty much eat anything within reason - the worst effects are just plain feeling unwell if I go overboard.  I sure do with I was a dumper!  Keep at it and let's keep in touch, since we're both about in the same spot.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Bonnie ABC
on 7/30/12 7:47 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
 Can I ask how you figure out 20lbs of excess skin?

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Megan M.
on 7/30/12 9:32 am - Canada
I'm just basing it on the amount of skin my sister had removed during her panni - 20 lbs, and we're about the same size (well, I am an inch or 2 taller than her).  When I do it, I plan on upgrading to full tt and breast lift as well, so I figure 20 lbs is possible.\

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

CdnGal
on 7/30/12 7:53 am, edited 7/30/12 7:54 am - Canada
 I was 193 in March and now I am in between 199-201 on any given day.  This has totally freaked me out!  I too know that I have a lot of excess skin, I can grab it and fold it around- it is totally gross and after we have a baby (god willing) I will get it removed.  Upon reflection I don't think that I am getting enough protein in, I will definitely make that something after day 5 to focus on!

Hockeymom73
on 7/30/12 9:52 pm
RNY on 11/21/12
Cdn Girl,

I think you should be proud of what you have accomplished.  I have been waiting for you to come and post since I think it been a year since your surgery and I like to see how people have done.  I think its encouraging for those still waiting for surgery.  Best of luck.

HW: 400.5 CW: 251.0 GW: 199

Most Active
Recent Topics