Just got home from having a surgery :(

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 8:23 pm
 aww thank you so much for taking the time to do that!! It'd be interesting to hear how she fared in the end after having them lasered.. I pray that this isn't going to turn into some recurring thing.. that would be horrendous. 

Again, many thanks for sending her an email! It really means a lot to me to know how caring everyone is on these boards! I'd sort of forgotten in the midst of this depression, so this is a great reminder!
merly6800
on 9/11/12 8:10 pm - Canada
Sounds horrible.  Glad you are all fixed up now.
When I had my PS done this summer my roomate had the same thing.  They kept her in for 48 hours though.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
Take care...Marilynn
Kerigan
on 9/11/12 8:25 pm
Thank you Marilynn!  It sure was horrible! I am SO glad they didn't keep me in for 48 hours.. I don't know what I would have done with my poor little pooch. All things considered, this surgery worked out perfectly with regard to my having a dog. She's used to spending the day on her own, so my being away for 8 hours was normal to her. 
Karen M.
on 9/11/12 8:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Oh my goodness, you poor thing Keri.  I am so sorry you had to go through this hell. Especially alone.  You hang in there, girl.  You're stronger than you think.  HUGE hug.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 8:28 pm
 aww thanks so much Karen! I certainly don't feel like a strong person, especially because once I found out what this thing was that was growing so rapidly and I had to have surgery, I sat here and cried for what seemed like hours to my husband via a skype call lol..  I hate having to go through stuff like this alone. But, I'm here, the worst of it is over and I've pulled through well so far :) so perhaps you are right! 
Karen M.
on 9/11/12 9:09 pm - Mississauga, Canada
There you go.  Go ahead and cry - you're entitled.  Hell, I just spent 5 days in hospital with a bowel obstruction and I'm pretty sure I bawled my eyes out every damned day. LOL Take care sweetie. xo

Karen

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:24 pm
 Now that would be a bit ouch for sure! A bowel obstruction.. man that would have sucked big time. You're definitely entitled to cry every day for that!! I'm so happy to see that you've recovered from it!! Life always wants to throw us curveballs, and as unfair as it seems, we do our best to have a positive outlook at get through it!

For example, with me tonight, I could have sat here and been Sad Sally all night long and moped about and felt sorry for myself.. but I decided to write on here looking for the support of others, and I got way more than I expected! The responses have been wonderful, and I feel like a weight has been lifted, as writing things down got it off my chest.. it's made me feel so much better already! And having the interaction with you all has seriously done wonders. 

So thank you again to each and every one of you! I wasn't able to speak much with my husband tonight due to the time difference, so getting feedback from you all has made me feel so much better :) now if just talking to people was a cure for pain, I'd be set!! :P
Karen M.
on 9/11/12 9:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Yes, it sucked.  But you know, I see the humour in it now that I'm home. AND as a positive, I met quite possibly the two most beautiful, kind women I have ever met in my life while I was in - a 96 year old woman and her daughter.  They have inspired me to be a better person in the space of 5 short days.

Karen

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:43 pm
 Aww that's awesome that you met some great people! It always seems in the worst of cir****tances, you meet the kindest, most genuine people. And to inspire you in such a short amount of days, truly is amazing :)

Even for me, I met a really sweet and kind young couple. The girl, Katie was also in for a day surgery, so her and I were the last two of the day, and we arrived back in the recovery room at the same time. She overheard me saying I needed a taxi contacted for a ride home once I was discharged, and she insisted on her and her boyfriend giving me a ride home, as it was on the way for them. She said it wouldn't have felt right to her to let me go in a taxi when I was still coming out of the anesthetic.. she was worried she'd read about me in the paper the next morning lol. 
Karen M.
on 9/11/12 9:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I have truly never met a mother-daughter like that in my life. And I have a wonderful relationship with my mom... this was just... special.  I'm calling the hospital tomorrow to see how "mom" is doing. I actually miss them. LOL

How sweet of them to do that for you.  People are amazing.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics