Just got home from having a surgery :(

Megan M.
on 9/11/12 7:10 pm - Canada
I didn't know what this was, but after googling it, all I can say is ouch!  Can't imagine how painful that was, and I'm glad you're doing better now.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 7:16 pm
 Thanks Megan! It sure was ouch lol.. not a nice area to have a cyst in :(
Btrue2u
on 9/11/12 12:40 pm, edited 9/11/12 12:40 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Keri I am sorry to hear you have had a rough couple of days and to have no one around to help is awful. I hope you heal quickly and that the pain subsides. All the best Jenn  

Oh and I loved reading your posts ....I just thought you were busy with married life ...don't stop posting

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 7:51 pm
 aww thanks Jenn! It makes me smile knowing that you like reading my posts! I sometimes feel I go on way too much lol. And I was busy with married life! Up until the end of August at least. Since then, I've been busy with work and being depressed when I'm not at work, which has left me not wanting to do much at all. I've been trying to get my wedding thank you notes written, and even that is taking ages. I think I'm going to fill my days off with doing a wedding scrapbook as a surprise for my husband.. I've not done scrapbooking before, so it'll be an adventure!

Having no one here to help does kind of suck, but it'll make me get up and get moving. The one thing that does concern me is any possible trouble I could run into pain related or other.. All I can do is hope that things will be okay! The surgeon seems to think it'll be okay, so I'll trust his judgement! 
Btrue2u
on 9/11/12 8:08 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Well chin up girl !! I know it is rough not having the hubby close ...It is best to not dwell on it and keep yourself busy ...he will be back before you know it or you will be off globe trotting to visit him in Paris or some place equally as nice.  Scrap booking should keep you pretty busy as with the thank you cards ...get them done while it is still fresh in your head. Jenn  

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

ShallowGirl
on 9/11/12 7:44 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
I had one but it went away after a lot of hot baths.

Sorry you had to go through that - best wishes.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 7:53 pm
 I'm so glad to hear yours went away too! You're quite lucky that it didn't develop into anything worse.. I'm not sure how often that happens though, maybe the way mine went isn't the norm, or maybe I just wasn't smart enough in getting it checked out quicker or figuring out what to do to help it. 

Thanks for your wishes :)
MissGlitter
on 9/11/12 12:52 pm, edited 9/11/12 12:52 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
  Kerigan, I read your message and was like 'omg... o m g..  oooomg' the whole time.  Those cysts are HORRIBLE and yes, they can grow realllllly fast.  I do know a lady who had reoccurring Bartholin cysts for about a year but I'm not in contact with her anymore to ask her anything.  
Did they pack it?  If they didn't pack it, your pain should start to subside within 24 hours depending on your pain tolerance.  I would highly recommend given the size of yours that you book a couple of days off.  
Take care!  

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 7:58 pm
 omg lol.... I can't imagine dealing with a reoccurring Bartholin Cyst!!! This one was excruiciating enough to deal with over just a period of 48 hours! The poor woman.. I hope she got it sorted out somehow :(
Yes, it was packed, however the nurse removed the packing before I left the hospital. I'm really glad it wasn't the sort of packing that I'd have to remove bit by bit on my own. I have some pretty heavy duty drugs that I'm on for an unrelated reason, so with those and the tylenol with codeine they've prescribed, hopefully that'll help with managing the pain and tenderness I have. I'm off wor****il next Tuesday, so lots of time for proper rest and healing!
MissGlitter
on 9/11/12 8:12 pm - Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands
RNY on 09/07/12
 I popped her off an email, just for you.  I think she did eventually resolve them but don't quote me on that.  I recall that she had one or two laser treated because they kept coming back in the same spot.  
Glad that you're off and that you've got the pain meds, rest well.  

Click my name to see my timeline.  "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Most Active
Recent Topics