Just got home from having a surgery :(

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:55 pm
 Talk about a sweet thing to do! I'm sure she'd be thrilled to hear from you :) I know if I were her, it'd mean a lot to me to know that a stranger cared enough about me to inquire about how I was doing. You'll make her day I'm sure :)
Karen M.
on 9/11/12 9:57 pm - Mississauga, Canada
It'll actually make MY day to hear that she's doing okay. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:58 pm
 A great benefit for you both then!
Catherine S.
on 9/11/12 9:06 pm - Canada
 I'm so sorry you went through this. I'm happy to hear you had great surgeons! Best wishes to a speedy recovery!
Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:25 pm
 Thank you so much Catherine! Fortunately, I did have a great surgeon.. he did a great job in the operating room, and prior to that for getting me in for surgery so quickly!
macrobug1
on 9/11/12 9:31 pm
 Hugs Kerigan!

I have never had one but have had patients with them. Horrible nasty and painful. Is it still being packed?  What about antibiotics?

Take care. I hope it heals up. 

My brother is married to a lady from Britian. They had some fun with her papers but it all resolved and she is now here and settled ( 2 little boys too!). Your husband will be here soon, with luck!
Kerigan
on 9/11/12 9:50 pm
 Thanks for the hugs!

Yes, you are right.. horrible, nasty and very painful. Fortunately, it is not packed anymore.. they took that gross stuff out before I left the hospital. I am on an antibiotic called Cephalexin.. nasty tasting thing for sure, but if it helps keep any infection out, I'm all for taking it. 

That's cool your brother married a Brit! The British really are great people!! I'm glad they got the papers resovled.. Was it much of an issue in getting it sorted? My husband and I are working on all of our paperwork now.. the question about explaining how our relationship developed is the one that is taking us AGES to get through. I'm not sure if we are overexplaining things, but we are accounting for every bit of time apart and together over the two years we've been together. Perhaps you might have some advice on this paperwork? We're wanting to make sure we don't hold anything back at all, but I'm not sure if maybe there's a thing with Immigration about providing too much info? lol 
macrobug1
on 9/12/12 2:53 am, edited 9/12/12 2:55 am
 I don't know why the difference, but my SIL never had to return to England and wait. She moved here before they married and was working etc. I think she got her landed immigrant papers first.  I signed something and was her guarantor.  I wrote out how they meet, how long they lived together and details as I knew it for her job.  They are celebrating their 3rd anniversary in two weeks and have been together for 6 years. They met in Australia in 2001 but she married and divorced someone else between their first meeting and their long long distance dating starting in 2004

Even oceans can't keep some people apart!

How is your tummy with the Keflex?  It can do a number sometimes but it is a great one for skin infections. You may want to up your probiotic yogurt intake or acidophyllus
Kerigan
on 9/12/12 12:41 pm
 Thanks for your reply! That's cool that she didn't have to return to England.. I hope that is the case with my husband! We are getting the papers done and applying to immigration hopefully by the end of September, then he plans on flying over here at the end of October for compassionate reasons. Ideally he would have been here sooner however his work is only allowing for him to resign with 1.5 months notice as opposed to 2 months notice. He's coming here not only to be with me, but to help me out because of my back and for my upcoming surgery in November. We're hoping he'll be able to stay here once he's arrived and they're processing the paperwork. 
That is awesome about their 3 year anniversary! It really is amazing when people can make long distance dating work.. goes to show a strong level of trust and committment on both ends! 

My stomach seems to be okay with this awful medication. I dislike the taste and smell very much.. it's bad enough to smell it when it's going down, but to taste it for hours afterwards... someone was in a bad mood the day they made this pill lol... Thanks for your suggestion of upping the yogurt!

And thank you again for your reply :) 

Monica M.
on 9/12/12 3:10 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
awwww, sweetie!! hugs.  hope things go well. I'm not sure how long this takes to heal, i've never had it, but i do know its fairly common.

Keep coming back here for support, we love you!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics