is anybody else gotten taller after WLS

csangano
on 9/14/12 9:37 am
 HEY 

Just wondering is there anybody else who's taller after weight loss, I used to be 5'11 and 425lbs now I'm 6'2 and 331lbs , is it normal gain inches after wls, if it's the case I might think  changing my career and start playing basketball
Patm
on 9/14/12 9:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Gee i wish that had worked for me. I am actually losing height with age which makes me sad when I look at the suggested weight for my height LOL

ShallowGirl
on 9/14/12 9:48 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Wow! that would be awesome.

I'm 5'3" but with the weight loss I feel like I'm a 5'10" supermodel, but I'm not sure there's been any change in the measurements.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 9:50 am
the only thing I can think of that would make possible...lol...would be you were scruntching frontwards and by losing the weight, less pressure on your back so you have straightned up?  does that make sense?

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

nata
on 9/14/12 10:21 am - Ottawa, Canada
Yes! I did

Did you have most of the weight concentrated in the abdominal area? That was my case - lost the belly, my spine decompressed I guess, lol.

But I def. added almost 3cm. My diabetic clinic has it documented!
Nata, a very happy DSer!
Starting BMI - 62, current BMI - NORMAL!!!!!.

204 pounds lost!!!!
Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 10:26 am
ok, now I'll have to measure myself....lmao
Very curious

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

avivaps
on 9/14/12 12:40 pm
RNY on 02/28/12
 At barely 5 feet that would be wonderful..,off to seek out the tape measure :) I suspect this would be more noticeable the more weight one has lost. 

I know my feet have shrunk from size 8-81/2 wide to 7-71/2 M. 

Andrea

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

time2changeme
on 9/14/12 2:11 pm
Your post just made me think, if I start getting taller after surgery, I will look better so much sooner!!  LOL 
tbtilalaf
on 9/14/12 3:23 pm
I haven't got that far yet, still 85 pounds to go, but when I was younger I was 5' 10 1/2 and now I am 5'9! I do hope I get it back though makes me look thinner the taller I am...lol

Melissa!

Melissa!

Surgery was July 19 2012, and I am doing great!! Only one regret....wish I did this years ago!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CENTURY CLUB!

slrm2m2
on 9/14/12 9:09 pm - Canada
 I hear a few posters on the age thing.  I used to be 6 feet tall and in my 40s, I have somehow become 5'11.  I want my inch back.  I feel robbed!
Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Most Active
Recent Topics