okay, probably a repeat question but...

RYMEBE73
on 9/14/12 10:39 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
Why can someone not drink when eating after surgery?

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/12 10:44 am - Straford, Canada
 it stretches your pouch.
sam1am
on 9/15/12 10:18 am
 I'm pretty sure that liquids can't stretch your pouch as they pretty much go right through you, but they can make your food go through you faster as well, so that you lose the full feeling too quickly.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

C. McArthur
on 9/14/12 11:04 am - Toronto, Canada
It also flushes out your food too fast. Before you have a chance to gather as many of the nutrients as possible.
" Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a bag of chips in one hand, glass of wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride". Love always Cathie        
RYMEBE73
on 9/14/12 11:07 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
ooohhhhh...gotcha....I'm one who usually finishes off a 500ml bottle of water with lunch and dinner, so that's obviously going to be a no-no...but you still need to get the water in, right?

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Nathalie_Can
on 9/14/12 11:13 am
Yes, you must still take all water in every day! 

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Patm
on 9/14/12 11:43 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
For some of us it makes us sick. I drank with my meals all the time before but if I do not I loose my lunch so to speak

smiley_k
on 9/14/12 1:09 pm
This video is really great at showing why we shouldn't eat and drink at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR0VM3mnsgM
Katie  ♥     

RYMEBE73
on 9/14/12 5:30 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15
 That was a great video, thank u

40sMomma
on 9/14/12 8:07 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/22/12
Thanks for that link!  Very helpful!
40sMomma
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Referral from GP- July/11 Orientation at TWH-Nov 24/11 Nurse appt-Jan 18/12
SW-Jan 18/12 Nutrition Class -Feb1/12 Diet - Feb2/12 Psych - Feb7/12
Surgeon Mtg- June 29/12 PreOp - Aug 4/12 Surgery-Aug 22/12

Most Active
Recent Topics